Last edited on Fri Nov 1, 2019
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEDIACOM'S ELECTRONIC BILL PAYMENT SERVICE
PLEASE PRINT AND RETAIN A COPY OF THESE LEGAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR YOUR RECORDS. You may at any time obtain a copy of the terms for your Service(s) by contacting Mediacom Customer Service or as otherwise instructed online at Mediacom Cable.
- This is a Legally Binding Agreement.By enrolling in or using Mediacom's electronic bill payment service (“EBP Service”), you are voluntarily choosing to use this optional service and agree to these terms and conditions. If these terms and conditions are not acceptable to you, you should not use the EBP Service and should immediately terminate your enrollment. You can do this online or by calling Mediacom at 1-855-633-4226. Following termination, you can make payments by mail, an EFT originated by you from your bank account or in person at one of our payment centers.
- Additional Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions (“EBP Terms and Conditions”) are in addition to the terms and conditions set forth in the Mediacom Residential Customer and User Agreement and the Mediacom Commercial Customer and User Agreement, as each is amended from time to time (individually, the “Mediacom Customer and User Agreement”). To the extent that any provision of these EBP Terms and Conditions is inconsistent with any provision of any Mediacom Customer and User Agreement, the terms of the applicable Mediacom Customer and User Agreement shall control. If any provision of these EBP Terms and Conditions conflicts with a mandatory provision of applicable law that cannot be waived or varied, then that mandatory legal requirement will take priority.
- One-Time and Recurring Payments. You may use the EBP Service via telephone or online access to make either a one-time payment or automatic recurring payments (“AutoPay”). Payments will be made by either electronic funds transfers made directly from your bank account or through use of your debit card (each an "EFT") or by charging your credit card account. By using the EBP Service for a one-time payment of a billing statement, you authorize Mediacom to obtain payment in the amount due for such billing statement from your designated bank or credit card account. By using the EBP Service for AutoPay, you authorize Mediacom to obtain payment in the amount of the total due for each monthly billing statement from your designated bank or credit card account on a recurring basis until you terminate the authorization.
- Timely Payment is Solely Your Obligation. Timely payment of your Mediacom billing statement at all times remains your sole responsibility. If an EFT or charge to your credit card is rejected, or for any other reasons not completed, and Mediacom does not receive payment in full by the due date, you remain fully responsible not only for the amount of the bill but for any late fees and other charges.
- Rejected Payments Will Result in Additional Charges. If your financial institution (bank, credit card company or other) refuses payment for insufficient funds, closed or unauthorized accounts, or any other reason, you will be charged a returned item fee for each failed attempt made in addition to any charges your financial institution may assess. Also, if such payment is refused, your Mediacom services may be suspended. If initially rejected, Mediacom may, but is not obligated to, make additional, multiple attempts to execute the EFT transaction for up to 30 days following the initial refusal. At the end of the 30-day period, if there has not been a successful transfer, your EFT authorization will be terminated.
- Accuracy of Payment Information. You agree that all payment account (e.g., account number) and/or payment card information (e.g., debit or credit card) information is complete and accurate and that you have full authority to authorize payment of your billing statements by use of such account/payment card. You also agree to keep all such information current and promptly update your online EBP profile whenever such payment account or payment card information changes.
- Payment of Monthly Bills. If you choose to enroll in AutoPay to authorize automatic recurring payments, Mediacom will send your monthly billing statement to you (or, if you have chosen to receive your billing statement in electronic form, you will be notified via email when your electronic billing statement is available for viewing) at least 15 days prior to your payment due date, and longer where required by applicable law. The amount shown as due on your monthly bill will constitute notice to you of any variance in amount from the bill payment amount paid in the previous month. The balance shown as due on your billing statement will be deducted on or up to eight (8) days before the due date. You may have more time under applicable state law to pay your bill; the EBP Service is a voluntary service and you agree that Mediacom may submit the EFT/credit card payment request for processing prior to the due date of your billing statement in an attempt to ensure timely payment in the event of any unforeseen processing delays. If you do not want your payment processed prior to the bill due date, you should stop using the EBP Service and make payments by mail, EFT originated by you from your bank account or in person at one of our payment centers.
- Responsibility for Fees. Any fees imposed by your bank or credit card company resulting from the use of the EBP Service to pay your bill is your sole responsibility.
- Cancelling Electronic and Automatic Payments. You may terminate your participation in the EBP Service or AutoPay program at any time by either logging into your online Mediacom account and cancelling your participation or by calling Mediacom at 1-855-633-4226. To cancel your next payment, we must receive notification from you in time to cancel the transaction. For payments made directly from your bank account, you must tell us at least four (4) days prior to the payment date and for credit card payments at least one (1) day prior. After those times, payment instructions cannot be cancelled.
- Valid Email Address. In order to make sure that Mediacom can contact you with important notices and other information from time to time, you must have and maintain a valid email account and consent to delivery of all legal notices to that email account. If you change your email account while using the EBP Service, you must promptly modify your email contact information on your Mediacom profile. You also confirm to Mediacom that you are able to access all information provided to you in electronic form.
- Protection of Password. It is your responsibility to protect the confidentiality of any user name or password used in connection with the EBP Service. You should not share your credentials with any other person. If you believe that your password or other means of access to your account has been lost or stolen or that someone may attempt to obtain access to your account without your consent, you must immediately notify us 1-855-633-4226.
- LIMITATIONS OF WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES. BY ENROLLING IN OR USING THE EBP SERVICE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE RISK OF USING THE EBP SERVICE AND RELYING UPON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED THE EBP SERVICE. THE EBP SERVICE INCLUDING ALL RELATED SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “IF AND AS AVAILABLE.” NO ORAL OR WRITTEN STATEMENT, SERVICE DESCRIPTION, ADVICE, RECOMMENDATION OR INFORMATION GIVEN OUTSIDE OF THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER BEFORE OR AFTER THE AGREEMENT BECOMES EFFECTIVE, WILL CREATE A WARRANTY OR OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF MEDIACOM OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, MEDIACOM DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF PERFORMANCE, AVAILABILITY, QUALITY OF SERVICE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR AS TO THE PROPER OR TIMELY DELIVER OR SECURITY OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS. IF THE LAW WHERE YOUR PREMISES ARE LOCATED DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, THEN THE AFFECTED EXCLUSIONS DO NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU ALSO UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT MEDIACOM OR THE EBP SYSTEM MAY MAKE ERRORS IN BILLING, TRANSMITTING INSTRUCTIONS TO YOUR BANK OR CREDIT CARD COMPANY OR APPLYING PAYMENTS OR CHARGES TO YOUR ACCOUNT. IF MEDIACOM COMMITS ANY SUCH ERRORS OR OMISSIONS, YOUR SOLE REMEDY SHALL BE TO HAVE MEDIACOM CORRECT ANY SUCH ERRORS.
- Limitations on Liability. In no event shall Mediacom or any of its affiliates be liable for any damages, including without limitation, special, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, lost profits, or other damages arising from or in connection with the use, or inability to use the EBP Service, or loss of the data, whether in an action of contract, negligence, third-party claim, other tort action, or any other action or claim.
- Required Equipment. To use the EBP Service, you must have access to the Internet and compatible equipment and software, the requirements of which are subject to change from time to time by Mediacom without advance notice. The current requirements for your Internet browsers mobile applications are listed below. For each, Mediacom currently supports the current and the two (2) most recent major releases of:
- Internet Support: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer
- Mobile Internet Access: Chrome, Android, Safari and Opera Mini
- Mobile Applications: IOS and Android
- Mediacom Termination of EBP Service. Mediacom reserves the right to restrict, suspend or terminate your use of the EBP Service at any time for any reason or no reason.
- Changes to The EBP Service or these EBP Terms and Conditions. Mediacom reserves the right to change the EBP Service and/or these EBP Terms and Conditions from time to time by posting such changes on the Mediacom website. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SERVICE FOLLOWING ANY SUCH CHANGE WILL BE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THAT CHANGE. IF YOU DO NOT FIND THE CHANGE ACCEPTABLE, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY STOP USING THE EBP SERVICE AND NOTIFY MEDIACOM.
- Complete Agreement.These EBP Terms & Conditions and the applicable Mediacom Customer and User Agreement constitute the entire agreement with respect to Mediacom's EBP Service, including AutoPay, and transactions conducted through the EBP Service and, together, supersede all prior oral or written agreements with respect to the matters covered in these EBP Terms & Conditions.