Last edited on Thu Aug 31, 2017
MEDIACOM CUSTOMER SURVEY SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to United States residents, age 18 or older, who as of June 1, 2017 are current Mediacom video, Internet, phone or Home Controller customers and receive an invitation to participate in a phone survey directly from Mediacom. Invitations are not transferable. Employees of Mediacom Communications Corporation (“Sponsor”), as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
- Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Entry Periods: There are twelve (12) entry periods (each, an “Entry Period”), one for each month during this promotion. Each Entry Period begins at 12:00:00 AM ET on the first day of the month and runs through 11:59:00 PM ET on the last day of the month.
Entry Period Entry Period Start Date Entry Period End Date Entry Period Drawing Date 1 October 1, 2017 October 31, 2017 November 2, 2017 2 November 1, 2017 November 30, 2017 December 2, 2017 3 December 1, 2017 December 31, 2017 January 2, 2018 4 January 1, 2018 January 31, 2018 February 2, 2018 5 February 1, 2018 February 28, 2018 March 2, 2018 6 March 1, 2018 March 31, 2018 April 2, 2018 7 April 1, 2018 April 30, 2018 May 2, 2018 8 May 1, 2018 May 31, 2018 June 2, 2018 9 June 1, 2018 June 30, 2018 July 2, 2018 10 July 1, 2018 July 31, 2018 August 2, 2018 11 August 1, 2018 August 31, 2018 September 2, 2018 12 September 1, 2018 September 30, 2018 October 2, 2018
- How to Enter: Between October 1, 2017 and September 30, 2018, Sponsor will be conducting automatic phone surveys following the completion of service appointments. The survey must be completed in its entirety by answering all survey questions. Upon completing the survey, you will be entered into the Sweepstakes for the corresponding Entry Period (for example, if you complete the phone survey on October 18, 2017, you will be entered into Entry Period 1). Sponsor may use aggregate survey results – without using your name – in marketing or other materials.
- Random Drawings: One (1) winner will be selected for each Entry Period from among eligible entries received during that Entry Period. All random drawings will be conducted by Sponsor whose decisions are final. At the time of drawing, all potential winners must be Mediacom customers in good standing (i.e., no past due account balance). Sponsor will make one (1) attempt by telephone, to the number on the account, to contact a potential winner, and if voice messaging is available, will leave a message with instructions on how to respond. If voice messaging is not available, or if potential winner does not respond within the timeframe specified in the message, he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize. Winner will be notified within three (3) days after each Entry Period drawing date. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each Entry Period.
- Prizes: Twelve (12) Grand Prizes (1 per Entry Period) -- A Mediacom bill credit in the amount of $100.00. The bill credit will be applied to winner’s Mediacom bill within 90 days after winner is verified, as described in Section 6 above, unless the winner has a balance on his/her account. If the winner has a balance on his/her account, he/she will not be eligible to receive a prize. There is a limit of one (1) prize per household. Total approximate retail value: $1,200.00.
The winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of New York (excluding choice-of-law provisions thereof that would mandate application of the laws of any other state).
- Request for name of winner and Rules: To obtain a list of winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Mediacom Communications Corporation, One Mediacom Way, Mediacom Park, NY 10918. Requests must be made by May 31, 2019. Please indicate whether you want a winners list or a copy of the Official Rules.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Mediacom Communications Corporation, One Mediacom Way, Mediacom Park, NY 10918.