Last edited on Tue Feb 18, 2020
Candidate Privacy Statement
This statement provides candidates with information about the processing of candidate-related information during the recruitment and selection process at Mediacom Communications Corporation ("Mediacom," "our," “we,” or "us"). This statement does not form a contract of employment (where applicable).
For the purposes of recruitment, Mediacom needs to collect and process information about candidates. When you provide your information to us, via this site, or via any other means, you consent to your information being collected, used, disclosed, and retained, in accordance with this statement.
We encourage you to read this Candidate Privacy Statement carefully and understand its contents. If you have any questions, please call 845-443-2408.
1. What Information Do We Collect?
Mediacom collects and processes (subject to applicable law) the following candidate information during its recruitment and selection process:
- Contact details
- Candidate status
- Work history/job data
- Employer feedback / references
- Proof of eligibility to work in the US
Where permitted by applicable law, we may also collect certain information that may be classified as "sensitive candidate information," including:
- Physical or mental health or condition (including disabled veteran status)
- Criminal history (including commission or alleged commission of a criminal offense)
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Preferred compensation
If required by applicable law, your consent may be requested for the processing of sensitive candidate information.
These lists are not exhaustive and may be changed and/or added to from time to time. Some of the information requested is voluntary and therefore Mediacom will only collect that voluntary information if provided by the candidate.
2. How Will Your Information be Used?/h3>
Your information will only be processed in relation to your application for a position with Mediacom, as described below.
2.1 Information Collection
- Subject to applicable legal requirements, Mediacom may use external services to collect, process and/or validate candidate information. In these cases, Mediacom enters into a contract that describes the purposes of the candidate information being collected and requires the external service provider to both keep the candidate information confidential and not use it for any other purpose except performing the contract. Mediacom also requires that any such external service provider ensure adequate protection of candidate information and comply with applicable legal requirements and Mediacom's privacy and data security standards.
- Mediacom may collect candidate feedback and opinions periodically (e.g. surveys) for business purposes, such as improving processes, subject to applicable legal requirements. You may respond to these surveys voluntarily or may elect not to respond. Your choices in relation to surveys have no bearing on the selection process for any vacancy at Mediacom. This statement will be applicable to personal information provided as response to the surveys.
2.2 Disclosure Within Mediacom
- To operate as a national business, it may be necessary to process and transfer candidate information within Mediacom. This may involve transferring candidate information outside your country of residence. Processing and/or transfer of candidate information and release of information within Mediacom and/or to service providers or third parties outside your country of residence is subject to applicable law and, where required, will be subject to your consent, as well as ensuring adequate security measures.
- Mediacom may use your information internally for the following reasons:
- To determine whether you meet requirements for the position for which you applied or another open position at Mediacom and to evaluate your relative qualifications.
- To contact you regarding your application for employment at Mediacom.
2.3 Disclosure to Service Providers
- It may be necessary to disclose certain candidate information to a service provider that supplies services which require the use and/or creation of candidate information.
- Mediacom may disclose your information to a service provider for the following reasons:
- To collect and process job applications, including through an online portal.
- To conduct background checks.
- To administer drug screenings.
2.4 Disclosure to Third Parties
- Mediacom may have to disclose certain candidate information to third parties such as legal advisors, law enforcement agencies, or governmental/regulatory bodies in order to protect our legal interests and other rights, protect against fraud or other illegal activities, for risk management purposes, and to comply with our legal obligations.
3. Your Rights
- You are encouraged to ensure that the candidate information you provide to Mediacom is kept up to date and amend any information which is inaccurate or out of date (e.g. address).
- If you disagree with the accuracy or completeness of any candidate information, and wish to rectify it, or you wish to exercise your rights of cancellation or objections, please notify your Mediacom recruitment contact. Mediacom will endeavor to resolve any issues concerning your candidate information in accordance with relevant procedures.
- Where applicable law provides, you may have a right of access to the information that Mediacom holds about you. In addition, you can always access your candidate account here to review your information and check the status of your application.
- If you are a California consumer, as defined in § 1798.045, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) (Cal. Civ. Code §§ 1798.100 to 1798.199) grants you the right to know what personal information a business collects, sells, or discloses about you, including the categories of third parties who purchased or received your data. As a California consumer, you have the right to request that Mediacom disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. You also have the right to request that Mediacom delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. In order to exercise your access and deletion rights, please submit a verified consumer request to us by either: (1) calling us at 1-844-789-2272; or (2) visiting https://support.mediacomcable.com/ccpa
In addition, please visit https://mediacomcable.com/legal/ccpa-privacy-notice/to read our full Privacy Notice for California Consumers.