Amazon Prime Video and YouTube Kids now Available on Mediacom Xtream Video
- Streaming apps expand home entertainment & viewing options
- Hopster educational channel for pre-school children available in OnDemand
WEST DES MOINES, IA – APRIL 1, 2020 Amazon Prime Video, YouTube Kids, and free previews for HBO and Showtime are among a new assortment of home entertainment and TV options now available to consumers who subscribe to Xtream video services from Mediacom Communications Corporation.
Mediacom is the latest company to add Amazon Prime Video to its cable-streaming platform, giving customers on-screen access to stream original content like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and The Man in the High Castle. In addition to Amazon Prime, YouTube Kids and Showtime Anytime are now available to customers with TiVo-enabled set-top boxes. The trio of new video apps was rolled out to customers over the past two weeks. They are part of Mediacom’s Xtream video service that integrates online streaming with cable-delivered TiVo.
Some apps require users to subscribe to the streaming service, but others are free or included as part of a channel subscription. YouTube and YouTube Kids are among the app choices that do not require separate subscriptions.
Regardless of a customer’s use of TiVo, Mediacom subscribers with OnDemand service will receive free access to movies and program series from HBO, Showtime and STARZ premium channels during new “preview” periods listed on the chart below. Viewers must use the OnDemand channel (ch.1) and navigate the OnDemand menu to view program selections.
“It’s the perfect time for our video customers to sit back and explore or binge on a wider range of movies and program series,” said Ed Pardini, senior vice president for Mediacom’s field operations group. “This may be a way for people to curb some of the stress that comes with the stay-at-home situations we’re experiencing. And another aspect of our program boost is the ability to rent new-release films that movie studios had planned to first release to theaters, but instead are now making available in On Demand.”
Subscribers also gained access to Hopster, the award-winning preschool educational and entertainment channel that develops children’s learning through curriculum-based TV shows, music and games. The ad-free channel is now available in Xtream OnDemand.
Specifics of the expanded content available to Mediacom Xtream video subscribers:
- Amazon Prime Video, YouTube Kids, Showtime Anytime
- Added as cable-streaming apps; access using TiVo set-top boxes & Xtream Internet
- Premium movie channels offering free preview viewing through OnDemand
- Showtime – now through April 22
- HBO & Cinemax – April 17 – April 20
- STARZ – April 24 – April 27
- New-release studio movies with OnDemand availability in lieu of theater release
- Invisible Man – now available
- Emma – now available
- The Hunt – now available
- I Still Believe – now available
- Trolls World Tour – available April 10
- Hopster, an award-winning educational channel for pre-school children, added to OnDemand as a subscription option ($4.95/mo)
- Free preview period through April 19, access through Xtream OnDemand
- Soon to include special COVID-19 videos for pre-school children (hand-washing & prevention)
About Mediacom Communications
Mediacom Communications Corporation is the 5th largest cable operator in the United States and the leading gigabit broadband provider to smaller markets primarily in the Midwest and Southeast. Through its fiber-rich network, Mediacom provides high-speed data, video and phone services to nearly 1.4 million households and businesses across 22 states. The company delivers scalable broadband solutions to commercial and public-sector customers of all sizes through Mediacom Business, and sells advertising and production services under the OnMedia brand. More information about Mediacom is available at mediacomcable.com.
Contact:Phyllis Peters, MediacomSenior Director, Communications515-246-2295 (o) 515-707-7148 (m)firstname.lastname@example.org