Taking the following steps optimizes your computer’s performance.
Empty your Recycle Bin
Delete your temporary Internet files
Free up space on your hard drive
Defragment your hard drive
Find and remove spyware/viruses
You can also try the following tips
1. Unplug the power cord from the modem.
2. If you have a router, unplug the power cord from the router
3. Shut down the computer
4. Wait at least 1 minute.
5. While you wait check the other cables on the back of the modem, PC and router to make sure they are all securely connected.
6. Plug in only the modem’s power cord.
7. Wait until the modem has completed the startup process ( the lights will light up, go out, and come on at the same time)
8. Plug the power cord into the router
9. Wait for the router to complete the startup process.
10. Start the computer