Author Topic: Ultra Package  (Read 1649 times)

GolferNYM24

• View Profile
Ultra Package
« on: November 01, 2012, 10:18:05 PM »
I was on the internet page and it says for current customers you can get the Ultra Package 50MBPS for $39.95/month?  Is this correct?  How do you sign up for it?  And do existing customers need to do anything to get this other than to say so?

Thanks!

MediacomTim

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ultra Package
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 10:30:42 PM »
When I look over the available offers for current customer, I am showing that the best offer for Ultra 50 at this time is 14.95 more than what you are paying now.

GolferNYM24

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 08:04:30 AM »
OK ... then what is this page all about?  I put in my address and clicked on current customer.

Thanks!

http://www.mediacomcc.com/site/order_current.php

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 08:16:06 AM »
Do you currently have internet service with us? 

GolferNYM24

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 08:18:03 AM »
Yes, but it's quite high with not only what new Mediacom customers are getting, but current as well.  Also, a competitor is offering a very good deal for us.  So checking to see if this deal is good for me and then it is worth sticking around as I do like Mediacom.

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 08:23:03 AM »
What level of service do you have with us?

GolferNYM24

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 08:27:25 AM »
I am not sure what level I have, as I had Mediacom internet before levels.  I do know I am paying $49.95 + $5.00 modem rental, and I am receiving 12 Mbps downloading speeds.  I believe I signed up for the 12 years ago.  It is frustrating to see new customers get more than 4* that speed plus pay about $15 less a month.  I wouldn't even consider switching if you could offer me the Ultra package at the $39.95 that I referenced earlier.

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 08:38:30 AM »
I do understand your point.  This offer is not for new customers it is for Digital Cable customers who do not have internet service with us.

Here are the Terms and Restrictions for that offer:

This limited time offer for select Mediacom Digital customers adding Online service may be revoked at any time.  The discounted monthly rate for Ultra Internet is valid for 12 months beginning at installation.  After 12 months   monthly rate will increase by $10.  After 24 months, the standard rate in effect will apply.  Modem rental is not included in price. Download speeds are “up to” speeds and are not guaranteed and may vary. Customer is responsible for additional customer premise equipment and operating system required for Internet access service.  Customers must agree to comply with Mediacom’s applicable subscriber agreements and policies. All rates and services are subject to change. Federal, state and local taxes, governmental regulatory fees and surcharges, if any, are additional. Offers may not be combined with any other offers and are void where prohibited. Offers, packages, prices, specifications, terms and conditions may vary among areas and may change from time to time. Other charges, conditions, requirements and restrictions may apply. Call your local Mediacom office for complete details. Mediacom is a registered trademark of Mediacom Communications Corporation.

Standard installations utilize existing wiring and do not include special wiring work, installation or repair of outlets or any other special installation procedures for which additional charges apply. Mediacom Ultra Internet residential service plan provides a usage allowance of up to 999 Gigabytes per monthly billing cycle. Usage greater than the allowance will result in additional  charges of $10, excluding taxes and fees, for every increment of up to 50 additional Gigabytes used. For example, if usage exceeds the allowance by 51 Gigabytes, an additional charge of $20 will result. Usage cannot exceed that of a typical residential customer and must conform to the requirements of the Mediacom Online® Internet Access Service Customer and User Agreement and Mediacom’s Acceptable Use Policy. Usage allowances and Internet speeds are subject to change by Mediacom at any time. Refer to the Additional Terms and Conditions-Monthly Usage Allowance for complete details of the usage allowance.

GolferNYM24

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 08:40:57 AM »
OK, so you're pretty much telling me to go somewhere else with internet and then come back so I can get that deal?  Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

GolferNYM24

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 08:52:13 AM »
Is that correct?  Nothing you can do?

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 09:43:47 AM »
I will review the offer Tim sent to you.  Please confirm that he offered to upgrade your 15 mbps service to Ultra 50 mbps service for only $14.95 more than you are now paying. 

The regular price of the Ultra 50 service is $99.95,  so this would be a $35 per month savings over the regular price.
Thanks,
Bill

GolferNYM24

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 09:47:37 AM »
Couple of questions, how long is this offered for?  And any new equipment for me?  Or do you just "switch a flip" ... and in my area how reliable are these speeds?

Thank you.

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 09:52:34 AM »
It is a  1 year offer without a contract so you can evaluate the Ultra 50 service.

You would need a Docis 3 Cable Modem which we would supply at the same rate you are currently paying for the Docis 2 modem you have.  If you like you can add home networking for $3.95 per month.

GolferNYM24

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 09:54:42 AM »
Is that something I can pickup at the local Mediacom "store" or does a tech need to come out?  As far as home networking I already have a wireless router on that.

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2012, 10:31:32 AM »
If you were to purchase your own Docis 3 modem we could provision it for you here.

If we supply the modem a tech would come out to install to for a nominal fee.

GolferNYM24

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2012, 10:34:05 AM »
If I go out over lunch and buy a new modem we could get internet service going over lunch then by letting you know?  Plus the $5.00 rental is now gone ?  What modem should I get?

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2012, 10:35:32 AM »
Yes sir.

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2012, 10:37:19 AM »
P.S.  If you like you can call from the store to check compatibly of the modem.  The salesman will tell you that the most expensive one is the best.   

GolferNYM24

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2012, 10:39:01 AM »
Which one do you recommend?

GolferNYM24

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2012, 10:54:57 AM »
Over lunch I am going to purchase a cable modem, and then let you know once it is installed, and then from there confirm to you to jump me up for $15/month (which will seem to me $10 because no modem rental), and then I should be seeing upwards of 50 Mbps speeds ?