Author Topic: No internet for past five days..  (Read 778 times)

DyseMan

• View Profile
No internet for past five days..
« on: July 06, 2011, 11:53:55 PM »
We have not been able to have a steady connection for the past five days. The weird part is the playstation which is hardwired has no problem, and also ipod or ipads can connect wirelessly without any issues. But out of the four laptops we own not one of them can connect to the internet wireless or hardwired. It sometime says connected but will have no internet available. Then ocassionally it will connect load a web page then disconnect. The router is less than 4 monthes old but decided to try a different one just in case. We almost the same issues and also few other with the other router. I talk to customer service and have tried all the power cycling and trouble shooting with the same problems. Customer service said some thing about a problem mediacom was having but suppose to be fixed on June 30. However that seems to be about when our troubles started. They gave us a credit for a they days we have been without the internet but didnt say it when it would be fixed but escalated it to higher up techs. So I was wondering what were suppose to do until then and how long that will take. We all rely on the internet with our jobs and school, so its pretty tough to go with out for weeks. Is there suppose to be a fix for this issue?

MediacomBill

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: No internet for past five days..
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 07:18:58 AM »
Sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Based on what you are describing it does sound like it has something to do with the router settings. Another possibility is that you may be asking it to do too much.

With regard to any possible area issues please send me your account info via a personal message. To send a personal message simply click on the "voice bubble" on the left of this post

DyseMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 01:06:30 PM »
I dont have my acct info with me at this time. But i will pm you it when i get it later tonight. I dont see how we are asking it to do to much considering it was working fine the past six monthes. Rarely do we have all of our devices hook up at once. Usually we have 2 loptops connected wirelessly and 1 gaming system hardwired. At most we have 4 devices using the signal. I can not even connect any of the laptops we have four in the house but dont use them at the same time. Also we hooked up a different router and seem to have the same issues. Nothing changed in the setttings all of the sudden it just wasn't working. Ive also plugged my computer directly into the modem and it seems to work about half the time other times it says no internet access. But anyway I can send you my acct info later on when Im back at the house to get it. Thanks for your time.

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 01:14:54 PM »
Thanks. I was just brainstorming some possible things. We will need a tech out to take a look at it.

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 03:41:39 PM »
Hi,

I am showing a tech was out. Did he get your issues taken care of?

Chris