Author Topic: Useage allowance?  (Read 1747 times)

dgschoel

• View Profile
Useage allowance?
« on: August 25, 2012, 01:17:14 PM »
According to the web site

"Usage allowances apply to new customers and those existing customers who make changes to their Internet service levels as of 08/01/2012"

I am an existing customer who has not changed service since before 8/1/12. So I should be not be under a usage allowance cap yet the same web page says

"Your Current Package Is:
Mediacom Online Ultra 50
50Mbps Download / 5Mbps Upload
250 GB monthly usage allowance
Your Current Internet Usage Of
114.6 GB Is Equal To:

I would like to get this corrected to show that I am not under any usage allowance cap.
I can supply account number if needed

MediacomDallas

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Useage allowance?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 01:19:27 PM »
To go over the threshold in the AUP (acceptable use policy, which can be found http://www.mediacomcc.com/HSD_Subscriber_Agreement.pdf), it is a violation of the terms listed, and you can be suspended.  However, we generally only have to enforce this on the extremely high offenders. That being said, you should keep your usage under the 250 GB allowance listed, but if it's occasionally over and the amount isn't significant there's likely nothing to worry about. You can always monitor your usage at http://www.mediacomtoday.com/usagemeter

dgschoel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 01:25:18 PM »
So what exactly does this statement mean then?

"Usage allowances apply to new customers and those existing customers who make changes to their Internet service levels as of 08/01/2012"

dgschoel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 01:31:52 PM »
Also even if I was a new customer or had changed my service after 8/1 My allowance should still be 999G since that is what is listed under the FAQ for the Ultra 50.  But since I am neither a new customer nor have changed service since 8/1 I still wonder what this means

MediacomDallas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 01:41:49 PM »
The data allowances are as follows for customers who change their internet plan after July 31:

Mediacom Launch 150GB (3 Mbps)
Mediacom Prime 250GB (12-15 Mbps)
Mediacom Prime Plus 350GB (20 Mbps)
Mediacom Ultra 999GB (50 Mbps)
Mediacom Ultra Plus 999GB (105 Mbps)

Customer with service before then are still under the older 250gb policy. At this time, it is being enforced the same way it was before these data allowances were introduced.

dgschoel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 01:50:47 PM »
So what do I need to do to get the 999gb cap that the ultra 50 users get. Seems like I am being PUNISHEd  by having a lower cap because I am an existing customer. 

advantage is there to me as an existing customer to not have a cap except per the AUP (250G) but new ultra 50 customers supposedly get a 999G cap but the same AUP that says 250G?  S0 what exactly happes when a new ultra 50 customer goes over 250G and violates the AUP but his plan says he gets 999G per month?

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 02:09:36 PM »
I just sent you a personal message.