Author Topic: DVR has stopped working  (Read 288 times)

DougRMeyer

• View Profile
DVR has stopped working
« on: July 14, 2012, 02:34:44 PM »
Hello,

A technician came by earlier today and worked on a signal issue with my Internet. As part of this, he disconnected the signal from my apartment and then reconnected it. Now, I am unable to access my DVR. No option exists in the menu anymore, and when I try to hit the list button on the remote, I get the message that says "DVR Service Unavailable."

I have tried some troubleshooting myself, disconnecting the power and the eSata cables from both the receiver and external hard drive and reconnecting, but that didn't solve the issue.

I'm hoping this won't require another tech visit or new hardware as I would hate to lose all my recordings.

Please help in any way you can. Thanks.

MediacomChrisL

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: DVR has stopped working
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 02:40:14 PM »
Let me check on this, please send me your telephone# or account# and I can see whats going on.

Chris

MediacomTim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 02:42:00 PM »
I have hsent a series of signals to your box. It will take about 15 mins for these to process. Let me know if you see any change.

DougRMeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 03:08:35 PM »
Still not working. I power cycled the receiver again as well. I also noticed in the diagnostics dashboard that the DVR Status is listed as poor and both authorized and enabled are set to "no".

MediacomTim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 03:11:07 PM »
If this last signal didn't go through, then we will need to either get a tech out or you can take it to you local office. Unfortunately, you will lose your recordings.

DougRMeyer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 03:17:44 PM »
I guess I'll choose a tech visit. For the coming week I'll be available Monday or Wednesday after 5 pm or Saturday morning.

MediacomTim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 03:22:54 PM »
I sent you a PM with the soonest available times.