Author Topic: Multiroom DVR Problem  (Read 2701 times)

AMSDAD

• View Profile
Multiroom DVR Problem
« on: January 06, 2011, 10:07:22 PM »
We just had a 2-room multi-room DVR system installed.  We have two Pace DC700x boxes and one DC900x box. We are having three problems or questions.

1.  Our TV image is getting more pixalation than it used to.  Even on the first 75 or so analog channels!  What's causing this?  Can it be fixed?

2.  The DVR recorded shows is showing more than two clients.  And on some of the clients, there are programs listed that we did NOT record.  These programs are grayed out some in the recorded programs list.  The system will let me play these previously recorded programs, but I can't delete them.  Is there a way to fix this?

3.  Lastly, is there an owners manual for these two boxes somewhere that I can down load?   

MediacomJason

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
    • View Profile
Re: Multiroom DVR Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 10:26:42 PM »
Thank you for contacting us. Will you PM me either your account number or the phone number on your account so I can check a few things please? In regards to the tiling, is it happening on both boxes, or just one of them? For the shows that are already showing up on the hard drive that you cannot delete, formatting the hard drive should take care of the issue. I have included instructions on how to do so below. As for the downloadable manuals, I do not believe there are any, but I will try to see if I can find some.

1. Turn off ALL Apache boxes connected to Whole House DVR.

2. Press and hold the POWER button on the front of the Jayhawk hard drive (after 15 seconds the light should turn red).

3. Unplug the Jayhawk for 10 seconds and plug it back in. Important Note: It can take up to 5 MINUTES for the Jayhawk to fully reboot.

4. After 5 minutes, reset each MoCA adapter and box

AMSDAD

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 11:19:58 AM »
Someone called saying we have a Mediacom service appointment on Tuesday.  We didn't schedule this.  Did you?  Can you fill me in?

MediacomSarah

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 11:21:40 AM »
I reserved it just in case it was needed. I got your message to Jason about some tiling that was going on? Is that still an issue?

AMSDAD

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 11:26:57 AM »
Tuesday is OK for us, but needs to be earlier rather than later. 

Yes, but to answer a prior question, we do have tiling appear sporadically on 1 of the 2 TV's.  We have not noticed it on the other one yet.

MediacomSarah

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 11:32:23 AM »
That may be just a bad cable (assuming it's not tiling on the other tv) that's split between your two problem tvs. I'll work with dispatch to see if I can get that appointment moved up and will update you as soon as possible.

AMSDAD

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 11:34:17 AM »
Existing appointment is actually ok.  *** Removed for privacy of tech & customer***
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 11:35:17 AM by MediacomSarah »

MediacomSarah

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 11:35:40 AM »
Sounds good, I'll get that message forwarded over to the technician.

AMSDAD

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 01:20:20 PM »
Formatting the hard drive did not work. I tried several times, and the programs are still there from my two clients as well as the two previous grayed out clients. I have Pace units. Are these the right instructions?

AMSDAD

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 01:22:53 PM »
I powered off the 700s, and the 900 would blink, turn different colors and so forth.  To, no avail.  I tried Once with MoCa unplugged. 
Owners manual for 900 might help.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 01:25:32 PM by AMSDAD »

MediacomSarah

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 01:37:11 PM »
Those are the correct instructions if the problem is affecting all boxes (usually coming from the hard drive.) I can get the user guide over to you.  Would you like me to email it to the email address listed on your profile?

If the steps did not work, we may need the warehouse to swap this out. I can have that added to your trouble call as something to bring out just in case.

AMSDAD

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 01:44:37 PM »
I'dd add it to the call.

MediacomSarah

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 01:47:14 PM »
I've got it noted for them to grab one from the warehouse just in case. I'll check in with you after the appointment to make sure the tiling is resolved. Have a great day!

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 08:43:31 AM »
Hello,

I am showing the tech was out. Did he get this fixed for you?

Chris

AMSDAD

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 09:09:10 PM »
Yes - this tech was very knowledgeable & fixed all of our issues.

MediacomJason

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 09:23:52 PM »
Thank you for letting us know. I am glad that the technician was able to get you taken care of. Please do not hesitate to let us know if any more problems arise.