Author Topic: Outage in NE Indiana AGAIN  (Read 1349 times)

deeplist

• View Profile
Outage in NE Indiana AGAIN
« on: June 29, 2012, 03:59:46 PM »
We're down in 46706. No internet. No VoIP. No digital cable.

MediacomTim

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Outage in NE Indiana AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 04:02:53 PM »
We are aware of the service interruptions in your area and are working to resolve the issue now. As soon as we have an update, we will let you know.

Spaatzman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 04:49:30 PM »
I'm down here in Bluffton as well, but I'm betting its because of that hellacious storm that rolled through this afternoon. We have trees and lines down all over the place here. 70-80 mph winds do really bad things.

MediacomTim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 04:55:25 PM »
Thank You, we are aware of the issues in the area. Our technicians have been dispatched to the area. As soon as we get an update, we will let you know.

deeplist

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 05:11:20 PM »
Maybe it was because of the storm, but maybe not. Mediacom's track record here for the last month and half leaves something to be desired. It didn't go down here until well AFTER the storm passed. I'm guessing this is probably another "fiber cut" or "server issue"...... storm or no storm, this is nonsense. Quite frankly, I'm at the end of my rope with these frequent "outages" and periods of downtime. As soon as Auburn Essential Services offers a decent television lineup, I am gone... plain and simple.

Spaatzman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 07:58:21 PM »
Hey guys, whats goin on?

MediacomTim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 08:11:40 PM »
We have had no update as of yet.

Spaatzman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 09:12:39 PM »
I'm guessing due to the length of the downtime, that we lost a fiber line, probably due to something snapping in the storm, ( tree, etc) I know all hell broke loose here today guys. Any idea at all on a guess one when its gonna be be back? Some of us depend on this connection for commitments agreed to weeks/months ago.

MediacomTim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 09:16:47 PM »
I just confirmed that this is in fact a fiber cut. We have not been given an ETA yet though.

deeplist

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 03:04:09 AM »
We're approaching 12 hours now, and the same stupid "We're aware of the issue and have no estimated time for repair." Do you guys EVER have an ETA for anything?!? How many "fiber cuts" do you guys have within a single month? We've had about a dozen outages here in NE Indiana that have lasted more than a couple hours. I would like out of my contract and a full credit. These "partial credits" that add up to $2 and $3 every time a "fiber cut" happens just aren't doing it for me anymore, and I'm tired of this nonsense.

There's no reason why your network should be this vulnerable to "fiber cuts" multiple times per week! I think there's more nonsense going on behind the scenes than what Mediacom is willing to admit. Every time a "fiber cut" happens, it's the same song and dance. "We're aware of the outage in your area and our technicians are working to restore service. There's no ETA and we don't know when it will be back up. blah blah blah." It's obvious your network is a vulnerable piece of junk and "fiber cuts" are common these days. Since when is it considered typical to knock out an entire states because a tree limb fell on something in rural Illinois somewhere. Here's a clue: GET SOME REDUNDANCY!!!! Quit taking our money and not investing it back into the network!

Class action anybody? I'm locked into this ridiculous contract for another year and a half. DSL or fiber from the local company (AES) is starting to look very nice at this point. My neighbors have DSL with AT&T and they've not experienced an outage like this since they could remember. At this point I'd begin to argue breach of service on Mediacom's end. This is BEYOND frustrating and I've had it! You can't even talk to a live person when calling the customer service number and there's just an automated recording. WHAT EXACTLY ARE WE PAYING FOR!?!?

visionarysellout

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 03:20:30 AM »
exactly. a friend of mine talked to mediacom and they blamed the problem here in Illinois on the wildfire out in Colorado.. u kiddin me??

visionarysellout

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2012, 03:26:03 AM »
by the way, I've never seen them once give an actual estimated time that was worth anything... they practice what i call... "the runaround".

deeplist

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 03:37:34 AM »
exactly. a friend of mine talked to mediacom and they blamed the problem here in Illinois on the wildfire out in Colorado.. u kiddin me??

They never have an ETA for anything and it's always a "fiber cut" somewhere. Same song and dance every damn time. What's funny is that my neighbor has AT&T DSL and Mediacom uses bandwidth from AT&T... so if the problem was with the bandwidth provider, wouldn't ya think the neighbor's DSL would be out too!? This is clearly an issue with Mediacom's network simply being a piece of crap that's susceptible to failure.

Just the fact that a single "cut" can knock out huge geographical areas proves that Mediacom's network traffic is being funneled through areas in which a single point of failure can bring the whole network down. That is just absolute stupidity on the part of their network engineer's. Mediacom, get a clue! Add some redundancy already!

We won't get any more robotic updates until tomorrow morning because all the drones are offline during the overnight hours... as if it makes a difference anyway.

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2012, 07:18:39 AM »
Thanks for your posts! We will make sure to forward your suggestions up to our engineers. Currently parts of the network are coming back up and we are hoping to have full resolution soon.

Chris

deeplist

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 11:29:44 AM »
Credit please! And I don't mean like $3 credit this time either. This was extremely uncalled for.

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 11:35:32 AM »
We can only credit for the amount of downtime based upon what you pay for internet. We can apply that credit to your account.

Chris

deeplist

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 11:44:03 AM »
We can only credit for the amount of downtime based upon what you pay for internet. We can apply that credit to your account.

Chris

That's a blatant lie because you CAN credit whatever you wanted, but you just CHOOSE not to.

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 11:57:04 AM »
We are limited on what we can credit based upon issue. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Chris

deeplist

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 12:19:31 PM »
Yeah, okay. Put whatever worthless credit you can on the account then.

I'm going to be speaking with my attorney on Monday to see what grounds I have to to break the contract, because obviously after this many "fiber cuts" and "server problems" there has to be some kind of threshold for failure to provide reasonable service. I understand there are maintenance windows and circumstances that are out of your control, ie/ acts of God. But after all the times we lost service for 8+ hours on perfectly sunny days, I'm done. You guys need to get your act together because I know that I can't be the only p'd off customer you have.

deeplist

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 12:21:24 PM »
Oh yeah, and I am also paying for 15mbps service and this is what I get:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2037892870.png

Come on.