Author Topic: DNS issues.  (Read 426 times)

Mjas19

• View Profile
DNS issues.
« on: June 12, 2012, 09:11:13 AM »
Hi, I recently just had my internet / cable hooked up about a week ago and ran into several issues right away, at first I had no internet connection at all until a tech came out and replaced my box, I then had internet only through wifi I don't know why but even then only some pages would load. I started to use Googles DNS and have very little to no issues at all I would say 9/10 times everything loads instantly on wired or wifi. I just want to know why it's doing this and if there is a easy way to fix this so I don't have to use Google DNS? Thanks.

MediacomBill

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: DNS issues.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 09:14:25 AM »
There may be a problem with the DNS server. I would say if google DNS is working for you I would stay with that.

Mjas19

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 09:24:06 AM »
Yeah, I'm going to for now. But I would like to know that this is being looked into after all I am paying for it, and would rather not use Google DNS. What if somebody else here has the same issue but doesn't know they can just swap to a different DNS, I'd like to think that Mediacom would want to improve their service. Sorry for sounding rude but it seriously needs to be looked into / get fixed.

MediacomBill

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 09:29:08 AM »
We are constantly working on our system and would not let something like that sit.