Author Topic: Channel Lineup  (Read 5728 times)

amyers

• View Profile
Channel Lineup
« on: January 02, 2011, 05:40:40 PM »
A few months ago, MediacomSarah had sent me a channel lineup in the mail but I have seem to of lost it. I know that you can get the channel lineup online at http://www.mediacomtoday-lineup.com but do you guys have a PDF version of the document that was mailed to me?

The http://www.mediacomtoday-lineup.com channel list shows the QAM channels, etc. which I don't need. I just need the basic lineup as well as the HD channels, etc.

Lastly, do you know when the new channels that are effective December 21, 2010 for Columbus, GA are going to be up and going? I'm looking forward to these new HD channels and hopefully a HD-only package sometime in the next year! I have no need for SD channels anymore!

MediacomChrisL

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Channel Lineup
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 05:43:53 PM »
Unfortunately we do not have the PDF files of these lineups that I can email you. I can mail you another copy if you would like.

The new channels for the GA region should be up by the middle of the month.

Chris

amyers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 05:58:05 PM »
I hate that you guys have to spend the postage to send it up here, but that's fine. Let me know if you need my address.

Any plans for more channels this quarter? Only channels left that aren't in HD:

ShopNBC
CW
HSN
QVC
TV Land
SOAPnet

That's awesome! I'm not sure why we don't have CW HD? Can you check on that? We have WLTZ2 (CW) in SD. Also, is there a reason that QVC is in the HD lineup but is only SD?

amyers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 06:00:41 PM »
Also, look like I'm still getting Error 14 on my OnDemand menu. It must be the signal in my house-- it seems when I have 2 or more TV's on, I can't get OnDemand channels.

One more question too-- how much extra is it to add the Digital Channels (100+) just curious. Thank you.

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 06:02:03 PM »
Please PM me your address and account#/telephone# please so I can mail that out to you. I can set up a tech to come out to find out why the Error 14 is occurring, but if its happening when two TV's are on it sounds like a failing splitter. When I get your account pulled up I can check the price for the extra digital channels for you!

Thanks!
Chris

amyers

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 08:49:36 PM »
Any update on why we're not getting WLTZ-DT2 (CW) in HD?

Also, wanted to check and see why we're getting QVC in SD on an HD channel? What's the purchase in having two QVC channels?

MediacomJason

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 09:13:34 PM »
I have not heard anything about adding WLTZ-DT2 (CW) to the HD line-up, but if I do, I will be sure to let you know. As far as QVC is concerned, I checked with some of our customer service supervisors and was informed that QVC arranged to broadcast on one of our HD channels, but they are currently only broadcasting in SD in your area.

amyers

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 09:18:55 PM »
Interesting, WLGA was the CW channel in Columbus has been taken offline and WLTZ DT2 has replaced it, it's a local channel. I would be interested to know why it hasn't been picked up.

I don't see QVC in any of the lineups that have QVC HD. I wonder what's up with that, QVC HD does exist.

amyers

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 09:20:58 PM »
Also, I wondered why Mediacom keeps two different lineups for my zipcode (31804). I live across the street from the other line-up but it's the same exact line-up?

MediacomJason

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 09:29:25 PM »
I have seen QVC HD as well on other line ups, so I am not sure why they would arrange to have an HD channel and then broadcast in SD on that channel. For WLTZ DT2, do you know if they broadcast in HD at all? If not, then that would be the most probable reason they do not have an HD counterpart for their SD channel. In regards to the multiple channel line ups in your zip code, I will have to do some checking, but I am fairly certain it has something to do with the equipment in the local area.

amyers

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 09:43:14 PM »
I hadn't seen QVC in any of the lineups on the Mediacom Channel Lineup aggregator that someone put together that shows all of the lineups.

I believe they're broadcasting in HD over the air at WLTZ-DT 35.2 but I could but wrong. I've sent an e-mail to their station manager about this. It may not have an HD feed because it's a sub-channel of 35.1. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Keep up the good work-- only channels left to get are SoapNET HD, HSN HD and TV Land HD.

** One last question: Some of the new channels in the Dec. 21st lineup have started showing up like Versus HD, History International HD, Outdoor Channel HD, etc. and they're currently available to me (Family Cable, Basic Cable) even though I don't subscribe to Digital Plus -- is this right? Is Mediacom going to allow some of their Digital Plus channels to make their way to Basic/Family Cable?

MediacomJason

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 09:52:57 PM »
I double checked the line up and even though Versus and the History Channel are part of the digital plus package, their HD counter parts are part of the HD family cable package that you receive since you subscribe to family cable. The Outdoor HD Channel is part of the HD digital plus package, so I am not sure why you are getting that channel at the moment. Did Chris ever tell you how much extra a month it would cost to add the digital plus package? I did not see the answer in this thread, and was not sure if he had sent you a PM with the information.

amyers

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 09:59:19 PM »
Now that doesn't make any sense, but hey-- I'm not going to complain because I'm getting more for free channels. Should we be getting any other others that are listed in the "HD Digital Plus" group??

Look at this link: http://www.mediacomtoday-lineup.com/lineup/126/harris_county_ga.aspx

Outdoor Channel HD appears in the Family Cable HD group, while all the others you mentioned say they're only available with Digital Plus HD?

Should we be getting fuse HD, ESPNU, ESPNEWS too? Is the general plan to provide Family Cable customers with the HD channels from Digital Plus for free?

Any ETA for the rest of the new HD channels that haven't shown yet? Disney Channel, Hallmark Channel (is currently showing Travel Channel HD), ABC Family.

MediacomJason

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 10:09:34 PM »
I have not heard of any plans to provide our customers with the HD versions of digital plus channels for free. I checked on the other channels that you listed and Fuse and ESPNU are both part of the HD digital plus package, and ESPNEWS is part of the HD digital plus and HD digital sports pack meaning that if you subscribe to either one of those packages you should be able to receive that channel. In regards to the other channels, Disney, Hallmark and ABC family, I have not received any recent updates.

amyers

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 10:13:51 PM »
But you're already providing us with channels that are apart of the Digital Plus package for free? We're getting bio, History Internation, IFC, VERSUS, Science Channel, Nat Geo, and LMN which are all in the Digital Plus package for free (HD only)? That's what so confusing.

MediacomJason

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 10:17:33 PM »
The best that I can figure is when the additional channels were added, and some of the channels were moved around, somehow those additional channels that you are receiving, started coming through for free. It is not supposed to be something that can happen, but it is not the first time that I have seen it happen.