Author Topic: (Resolved) hbo go parental controls  (Read 4133 times)

Shon024

• View Profile
(Resolved) hbo go parental controls
« on: April 05, 2012, 10:57:34 AM »
How do you adjust the parental controls for hbo go? they say it is managed on the media com side.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 12:56:26 PM by MediacomDallas »

MediacomDrew

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: hbo go parental controls
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 11:41:31 AM »
From the HBOGO settings page where it states this, you should be taken to a Mediacom page when you click the link.  Where does this end up taking you?  Is it asking for account registration or anything like that?

Shon024

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 12:12:52 PM »
takes you to a page that asks you to set head of household, after completed it takes you to the mediacom today page.  there is a full description in the last post of the hbogo? forum by a different user with the same issue

MediacomDrew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 12:19:04 PM »
Okay, thanks.  This seems to be an issue that is a bit more widespread.  While looking into it with the customer in that post, I was able to replicate the issue with some of our test accounts.  I'm tracking it with our Tier 2 department now, and will keep you updated with what we find out.  So I can also include your account in this issue, may I have your account number, telephone number, and the email address and password you set up for use with HBOGO?  For privacy, send these along to me in a PM.  You can do this by clicking the speech bubble below my name to the left of this post.  Thanks!

jarrodhinkle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 01:48:05 PM »
I have the same issue. can you look into my account?

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 02:07:09 PM »
This is a known issue which we are working on.  It is not account specific.  As soon as we have more information it will be posted here.  If you like, you can send me your account information via personal message.

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 02:12:52 PM »
I stand corrected, it may be account specific.  I already have your account info.  I will also need your Mediacom email address and password. 

Please do not post it here.  Send it to me privately via Personal Message by clicking on the voice bubble on the left of this post.

When we are finished I will let you know when it is OK to reset your email password.

Thank you,
Bill

jarrodhinkle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 02:28:16 PM »
Bill,

I sent you the information you requested. Thank you for the help !

MediacomDrew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 02:53:16 PM »
Jarrodhinkle, I've submitted everything to our Tier 2 group for you as well and they are working on this.  This is a relatively new issue, so we are unsure of the cause at this time.  We'll keep you posted as we hear more!

MediacomDallas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 09:05:34 AM »
Shon024 - Your email account has been set as the head of household. If you're still having issues with the HBOGO parental controls, please let us know.

MediacomDallas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 10:22:00 AM »
jarrodhinkle - Can you try accessing the HBOGO parental controls again. If you're still having issues, please let us know.

dletell

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 11:03:39 AM »
Just got access to HBO Go for the first time today and I'm having this issue as well. It tells me to set parental controls at the Mediacom website and gives me a link, then that link says access denied and that I have to set a master account. A link takes me to a page to supposedly set my account as the master account, and after I submit the form, it takes me to the Mediacom Today page with nothing having changed. After signing out and in of HBO Go I'm given the option of completing the entire process again with nothing different on the HBO or Mediacom side.

Edit: The issue appears to be that any attempts by me to set an account to the master account just does nothing. I tried doing this from the Mediacom Today's link at the bottom to manage premium accounts.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 11:15:19 AM by dletell »

MediacomDallas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 03:32:23 PM »
dletell - Can you try accessing your HBOGO parental controls? Please let us know if you're still having problems with that service.

Ms_Tia

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 10:55:08 PM »
I am having the same problem and I PM'd one of the support team members, how long will it take to have my issues resolved?

MediacomJames

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2012, 11:06:38 PM »
I will have to submit a ticket to our tier 2 department to have this worked on.  Unfortunately I do not have a good estimate on the time.

MediacomDrew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 08:00:03 AM »
Ms_Tia, your parental controls should be working now.  Please let us know if you have any other issues!