Author Topic: Speeds not up to par.  (Read 411 times)

spindoc

• View Profile
Speeds not up to par.
« on: December 26, 2011, 01:14:11 PM »
I know that this is the hardest type of ticket to troubleshoot, but this problem seems to be coming back and back. I have a residential max internet account and I'm supposed to be getting up to 20 megs down. I've tried testing at speakeasy.net at all times of the day, and I'm receiving all tests back between 3 and 10 mpbs. No matter the time of day.

I've put in tickets to this issue in the past, and it doesn't appear that any real solution has occurred. Its a crap shoot really, it seems that once I run a test that gives me 18, the problem is deemed resolved.  But then It goes right back down to less than 5 for the better part of the time.

I'm paying extra to have extra bandwidth, but it seems that I'm getting shafted here. 90% of the time its less than 10, and when I say less than 10, I mean around 5 or 6. This is morning mid day, evening, even the middle of the night.

I have a very fast computer, with a newer modem, and a new router. My cables have all been replaced recently and I take very good care of my equipment. So I'm unable to see that this could be a problem on my end. It all boils down to speed from the source.

What can I do, or rather, what can you do?

MediacomBill

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Speeds not up to par.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 01:22:51 PM »
I'm sorry you continue to have this problem.  I will reopen your ticket and get with Area Management.

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 11:21:29 AM »
We have identified the problem.  There is some bad fiber that needs to be replaced.  I do not have an estimate on the repair just yet but will keep you posted.

spindoc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 12:02:49 PM »
Yes, a tech JUST left here like 10 minutes ago, he said that there was a noise issue in the area and they have over subscription going on too.

you know this is all good and everything but last year I suffered over three months of terrible service that effected my business on a daily basis, and now this year I've had terrible service for the last two months, and nothing has ever been done about it untill I email and call and email and call, and finally get a tech that walks in, does nothing, and tells me that I have to wait for a fix.

What about the 70 bucks a month I pay for service that I'm not getting?

Outtages, Packet Loss, Slow service? I have no other choice in my area. I've always had good luck with Mediacom except for the last year and a half.

I pay extra to get better bandwidth and it seems It gets worse every month.

I work on my PC all day, and I have to upload and download large files, it took me 4 hours to upload a 1 gig file to my server, and it stalled at 999megs, I had to start the entire thing over again becuase it failed.

I would like to know what Mediacom intends to do about the fact that I pay my bill on time every single month and have not been delivered the service that I was promised.

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 12:07:22 PM »
I am very sorry for the poor service and I can gladly escalate your account up to see if we can get approval for credit from the field. I will do this now and get back with you asap.

Chris

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 01:28:52 PM »
Some network changes were made recently, how has your service been?

Chris

spindoc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 01:43:49 PM »
Have not noticed any difference.

Webpages load really slow.

Download speeds are still between 2 and 7 mb. On speed test , but results are scaled.

Skype calls getting dropped. VOIP calls getting dropped.

Youtube videos buffer after less than one second of play.Forget anything in HD, it takes 15 minutes to get through a 5 minute SD video because of all the buffering.

Large file downloads timing out.

Large file uploads timing out.

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 01:47:46 PM »
Thanks, I'll let the tech supervisor know and see where he wants to go from here.

Chris

MediacomDallas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 02:07:59 PM »
The TOS wants to schedule a tech to check a few more things live at the house. Would it be alright if we set that up?

spindoc

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 02:45:03 PM »
Yes, that is fine.

I'm home all day, monday through friday. Mornings are best.

Schedule as soon as you see fit, I can be ready anytime.

**Edited for privacy**
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 02:52:38 PM by MediacomJames »

MediacomJames

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 02:57:50 PM »
I have sent you a PM with the information.