Author Topic: Dropped Internet Connection  (Read 277 times)

dafrewaldt

• View Profile
Dropped Internet Connection
« on: January 14, 2012, 10:57:53 AM »
For quite some time now, I've been seeing my internet cut out for a few seconds every 20 minutes or so. I thought that maybe it was my router that was causing the issue, so I tried connecting the modem directly to my XBox 360. I still suffer from disconnects on a regular basis, and they seem to be getting more frequent. Finally ran a search online to see if others were having similar issues, and sounds like some iteration of this is a common occurance for lots of folks. Speedtest.net shows that when working, my connection is consistent with my current subscription.

MediacomChrisL

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Dropped Internet Connection
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 11:02:30 AM »
I apologize for the intermittent connection and can take a deeper look into this issue for you. Please send me your telephone# or account# and I can see what is going on for you.

Chris

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 11:27:21 AM »
I am not seeing any major signal issues that would cause an intermittent connection. When the modem drops, what lights stay illuminated on the modem?

Chris

dafrewaldt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 12:14:04 PM »
So i just experienced a drop, and I kept an eye on the modem. I didn't notice any change in the sequence of ligts on the modem, but like I said, the drops only seem to affect my connection for a second or so, but with gaming, I lose connection to my services and get booted, so if it weren't for that, I wouldn't be able to even notice it. I also noticed a browser timeout on my Android tablet that occurs when I lose connection as well.

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 12:15:27 PM »
It is possible it could be a bad modem, but I can't verify that from here. I can set up a tech to come out and investigate if you would like.

Chris

dafrewaldt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 12:21:26 PM »
Before I worry about a tech visit, I'll double down on whether or not the router is actually the problem. I don't want to have to make unnecessary appointments if the modem isn't to blame. Thanks for the help so far. Atleast I know the issue is something equipment-wise on my end. The idea of dealing with cable issues sucks in the apartment building I currently live in.

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 12:22:06 PM »
Understood, let us know if you need anything else!

Chris