Author Topic: DOCSIS problems in Marshfield, Missouri?  (Read 7296 times)

MediacomDrew

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: DOCSIS problems in Marshfield, Missouri?
« Reply #200 on: March 19, 2012, 09:33:01 AM »
We received word back from the TOS that there was a small issue they noticed over night around midnight that was almost immediately corrected.  Otherwise, this appears to have been stable.  How are things going?

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 22, 2012, 11:30:07 PM »
Well Drew or whomever reads this first. Yes Walter was here last week on Wednesday morning. Not sure what he did here exactly but he said they were having ctms issue's & he would be back later in the day after they were fixed.

He didn't show back up, but I did get a mail or FB message from him stating, the ctms issues were NOT fixed & they had NO ETA of when they would be. Something was going on that they could not "see" our modem on Mediacom's end and it might not be registering correctly or something, I don't fully understand that part.

Since he was here the disconnects have been the same basically, randon, no reason, sometimes modem lights go out, sometimes not. Sometimes it is 1-5 minutes or so, sometimes up to an hour or so. Sometimes once a day, we did go 24 hours without a disconnect once I think. Most of the time they are between 3-5 times a day probably. .......... until tonight.

Tonight since about 5 PM has been pathetic, on & off at least once an hour for 2-6 minutes or so each time. What just PO'ed me real bad is we just got an iphone bricked. Was updating the operating system in my son's iphone & right in the middle of the update the internet disconnected again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Phone will not even boot now, Called Apple Care, they tried everything & it will not work. He has to have his phone by 8 AM to drive 4 hours to get to a friends wedding tomorrow. Can't get a contract renewal as it is to early & the warrenty from Apple doesn't cover internet loss they said so an Iphone 4S 32 GB is a brick because of this issue.

I just sent Walter an email so maybe tomorrow he will reply, I sure hope so, My blood is boiling so bad right now I could spit nails while crying at the same time over having to pay for a new phone tonight, (where I can find one at a 24 hour supercenter hopefully with the money I that is supposed to go toward the cable bill tomorrow).

MediacomJames

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 22, 2012, 11:51:36 PM »
I will get this information back up to the local area management as well to let them know that you are still experiencing these issues.

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 24, 2012, 09:57:52 PM »
Are we in an outage? Got home about 30 minutes ago & moden is down. Called my son to see where he was as they were supposed to be having a LAN party here tonight. He said it went down about 2-3 hours ago, so they went to a friends with DSL.  Orange light is blinking. Power light is on. He gren light next to the power light & the green light next to it are blinking sometimes, sometimes off. THe internet light, (globe icon) is out & not been on at all. Please help.

MediacomTim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 24, 2012, 10:05:38 PM »
I am not seeing an outage in the area, but your internet modem isn't online. (The phone modem is) I just sent a signal to it, let me know if the lights change at all.

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 24, 2012, 10:08:57 PM »
It is trying, power light stays on, the green lights next to it willl come on one at a time, then all go back out to just the power light over & over. Same thing it has been doing, but usually only off a minute to 3 minutes.

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 24, 2012, 10:11:21 PM »
Soon as the 4th green light tries to come on, they all blink 4 times real fast. Then they all go out again & start over with 2 lights then 3, then the 4th, blink 4 times & go back out.

MediacomTim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 24, 2012, 10:21:05 PM »
I double checked the modem and I'm still not seeing any issues in the area. I do see that this has been escalated for repeat issues and we are working to resolve this issue for you.

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 24, 2012, 10:32:03 PM »
OK Tim theory here could I be correct? hile I was waiting here I called tech support we unhooked coax unplugged, waited like 30 seconds & plugged it all back in. BUT when I put my fingers underneath the modem to unscrew the coax, it was hot!  I mean hot enough I got a blister on my finger tip. It recycledm didn't come back up, but we left it is it's side a few minutes while we were talking to the girl on tech support. About 5 minutes into our conversation the came back on, & was online........... Wondering if it is over heating??? It is setting right on top of the phone modem the way the tech left it setting when he installed it, but the bottom of it is way to hot in my thinking. I put a couple pieces of wood strips in between to give it some air flow underneath for now just in case as the air holes are on the bottom.

MediacomTim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 24, 2012, 10:35:23 PM »
If it was that hot, that would definitely cause it to shut off. The modems should never be right on top of each other for this very reason. It is a fire hazard. Try to separate the two (a foot apart, if you can) and see what it does.

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 24, 2012, 11:12:44 PM »
If it was that hot, that would definitely cause it to shut off. The modems should never be right on top of each other for this very reason. It is a fire hazard. Try to separate the two (a foot apart, if you can) and see what it does.

Can't get them that far apart. I do have them separated with a couple wood strips like we use to separate, DVD's, VCR's, digital boxes etc. I have always like to keep stuff separated & not set on top of each other. Their is 1 1/2 inches in there now for air. I can put my hand on between the 2 modems & it is nice & toasty warm but not hot enough to hurt anything. I figured it was ok to stack them since the tech left them this way. Will see how it goes now the rest of the night.

MediacomTim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 24, 2012, 11:15:21 PM »
That should be ok. It's never a good idea to put electronics on top of another for that reason. Keep an eye on it, and if it goes out again, we'll replace it.

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 25, 2012, 11:06:46 PM »
R we in outage? Phone and ultra 50 modem is both gone. tech support said 30% of modems are off line here but NO outage

MediacomJames

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 25, 2012, 11:21:31 PM »
You are in a different area, but there is also an outage in your area.  I have reported the outage for you.

MediacomJames

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 25, 2012, 11:45:42 PM »
The outage in your area appears to have be cleared as well.