Author Topic: DOCSIS problems in Marshfield, Missouri?  (Read 7314 times)

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
Re: DOCSIS problems in Marshfield, Missouri?
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2012, 10:29:58 AM »
Ok no Internet or phone again. Moden started resetting again 30 minutes ago. Phone cae back up for a few minutes but cant get ultra 50 to stay up. Please fix today. Getting tired of it. Got a call for 2/7 already but i will not wait through another weekend.

MediacomDallas

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2012, 10:39:36 AM »
I see some other modems in the area that went off the same time yours did. The local dispatch has been notified to check into this.

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2012, 11:01:19 AM »
Glad u guys know something, the 800 tech is really bad today. I gave them mac address and was informed i had a " scientific atlantic" modem not a cisco. Ask me where my correct modem was at. She reset it also, no luck. I told her i did have a cisco dpc 3000, i was looking at it. Lol she told me the cisco wouldnt work since i had the wrong modem. I just had to hang up. Was getting to mad. Please post back when u know what is happening, be back 3 hours time for work.

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2012, 11:03:57 AM »
Sorry bad typing, i hate tapping on cell phone.

MediacomDallas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2012, 11:05:31 AM »
Scientific Atlanta was bought by Cisco if I am not mistaken. Sometimes the Cisco MAC addresses show up as Scientific Atlanta devices on our end. None the less, we'll keep you posted.

MediacomDallas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2012, 07:07:54 AM »
The area issue has been corrected. Please let us know if you need anything else.

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2012, 03:29:02 PM »
The area issue has been corrected. Please let us know if you need anything else.

One area issue might have been done, but ours is not fixed yet. No internet last night late, finally gave it up and went to bed. Today again modem has been resetting over and over again for about 1  1/2  hours again. On cell now. I have internet 1 minute out of 10.

MediacomTom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2012, 03:39:09 PM »
Understood. We will keep your appointment for the 7th. I show the modem online, but the signal is on the low side. We will follow up with you again on Tuesday.

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2012, 11:59:21 PM »
Notice the differerent IP address? No internet again tonight. No internet today about 2 hours again Modem resetting over & over, these modem lights are going to wear out soon the way they flash on & off again for hours on end. Found an email addy for a guy local in esculations this morning, finally got him a mail out. Got a reply at 12:30 local time from him that he was on his way to Marshfield to look at my problem................. Never seen or heard from him after that. I know I have a tech call tomorrow 8-12 sometime & I got my bells on waiting, although I already know what he is going to say, he can't fix it. Can you all light some more fires here for me??????????? Will check back in the morning, cant do anything more on this, almost out of my 5 GB att hot spot limit since I been using it more than mediacom lately. This moment the modem looks great, not reset in about 3 or 4 minutes, but no connection at all.

MediacomDallas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2012, 08:46:31 AM »
I will bring your service call up with the local management again. Thank you for your patience with us.

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2012, 12:36:54 PM »
ok, internet out again this morning, husband not sure how long, he used hot spot card & didn't check when it came back up again. I guess my appt for today between 8 AM & 12 noon fell through, been here with bells on waiting. I have to leave for work, can you send local tech a note that husband continues to be home all day. However the tech has my cell to call & if he tries to call while I am at work I cannot answer it, he will think no one is here & might not even show up............ late. If they use the house number on the account to call, he can't always get to that phone to answer it. Anyway you have to do it, I just have to have this fixed finally today, someone will be here all day & evening.

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2012, 12:40:56 PM »
The work order was canceled due to no contact. The note says:NO ANSWER 8:05   9:03.  I will check with dispatch for more info.

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2012, 12:53:42 PM »
They are going to try to get the tech back out. If there is any mention of being charged for the visit just ignore. I will credit back any charge.

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2012, 02:34:36 PM »
The work order was canceled due to no contact. The note says:NO ANSWER 8:05   9:03.  I will check with dispatch for more info.

Local tech did not try to call at those times. My cell has never rang those times & I checked the house phone caller ID with no calls on it either. I can send you a copy of my exact phone record from att to show you no calls were received at all this time, missed or other if you need it since you were told he tried to call.

The local tech did just call at 2 PM. Refused to come to the house. if you have to edit this post to meet board guidelines for pointing fingers then I guess you must, but........... he said they were having system problems, they know what it was & were working on it. I told him, that you all had ran a 72 hour test, I was promised a tech today here in person after the results were back, that you seen noise & packet loss. He said "yes we know". I then proceeded to tell him, well ok then if you know, they know what it is why is it not fixed yet, this has been over a month now. he would not say why it is not fixed. I said well go ahead & come check here, check our splitters, connections etc, we need this fixed & i am tired of waiting. He again said "we have done all that before & we know that is not the problem, he would get information to appropriate person" again........ I than told him ok, it is like this. For what I pay for ultra 50 I want it fixed or I am going somewhere else for internet and phone service. He said he would pass it on. End of conversation.

Are they having local system problems? It has been out again since noon my son said, he was working & Uploading a file for work, 99% done, modem quits again & again & again. When my modem quits is anyone else's quitting? The local tech is leading me to believe "the whole card" yes his exact words...... were quitting. All I know guys is I need it fixed & fixed now, over a month & getting worse by the day with no internet at all. I need reliable service I have no other options with mediacom as when the mediamax was so bad with over utilization issues for over 6  months we were told "it is being worked on" it didn't once get fixed, not once. We then went ultra 50 to get off the utilization issue's. If this doesn't get fixed I will need to find other service.

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2012, 02:48:09 PM »
I will not edit your post.  I will be sending the entire thread to the Tech Ops Manager (that is the Tech Ops Supervisors boss) for review. 

This is not acceptable to us as well.  I apologize for how long it has taken to get this issue resolved.

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2012, 12:09:42 PM »
I will not edit your post.  I will be sending the entire thread to the Tech Ops Manager (that is the Tech Ops Supervisors boss) for review. 

This is not acceptable to us as well.  I apologize for how long it has taken to get this issue resolved.

OK time for an update. On Tuesday 2/7 I received an email from a local esculation person here, (from a mail I had sent him, from an old email I found from months ago). I will copy you the email if you tell me who to PM it to, it has names in it so I don't want to post it here. I was promised a reply & visit............ none has been received thus far.

On an added note, something might have been done they have not notified me about. Since Wednesday 2/8 my ultra 50 modem as only went down 3 times I know of, & 2 of those times were yesterday for just about 3 or 4 minutes. The 3rd time was 3 or 4 nights ago for about 15 minutes. Phone modem has not been affected this past week. So something is definitly better as it was  not useable a lot of the time until last Wednesday.

As a result of this problem going on since Jan 1 when I started this thread I am requesting at  a half months credit for my ultra 50 internet. Some credit for phone would be nice, but the phone was not out except a few minutes here & there so I can't estimate time it gave us problems, it was not off all the time internet was down.

I would like to know what they done to fix it (or at least 99% fix it). If you can find out for me I would appreciate it & I do have this mail I can forward you that has names & departments a man was going to speak to & who he planned on sending here to the house. Maybe the names he listed could give you some insight as to whom to ask.

Thanks.

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2012, 12:35:37 PM »
You can PM that to me.  I will check on the fixes and credit as appropriate. 

MediacomTom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2012, 05:55:39 PM »
The Supervisor did get back to us on the work that was done. He stated they have been analyzing the noise from adjacent nodes and had some techs try to isolate that to see if it could be a factor in this particular issue. He also stated they will continue to monitor and look at the area to see how things go.

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2012, 08:58:20 PM »
The Supervisor did get back to us on the work that was done. He stated they have been analyzing the noise from adjacent nodes and had some techs try to isolate that to see if it could be a factor in this particular issue. He also stated they will continue to monitor and look at the area to see how things go.

I have now read the PM's sent back to me today. Thank you for them. I knew something had to have been done within the last 8 days & what ever it was probably was done in late afternoon/evening on Tuesday the 7th, since it was much better after that time, even though I was never told they done anything to fix me. I realize the modem will reset once in a while due to a maintence issue during the maintence hours midnight to 5 AM or so & the very very occasional outages if a fiber gets wacked, or a hardware failure. If it gets to be a problem again in the future I will post times, weather conditions & any other info.

MediacomJames

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2012, 09:01:31 PM »
I am glad that it is working better for you now.  Please keep us posted if anything comes up in the future.