Author Topic: DOCSIS problems in Marshfield, Missouri?  (Read 7252 times)

MediacomTom

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: DOCSIS problems in Marshfield, Missouri?
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 03:42:14 PM »
The history on the modem itself showed an up-time of 99.49% since 10/24/11 prior to my reset. I will be monitoring it from here to see if it resets again, but please let me know when you can if you notice any additional reset and I will check if they are registering on our side as resets.

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2012, 03:49:39 PM »
Modem just reset twice, I started to reply to this post & it wouldn't go, looked over, modem lights off except power, it recycled once, then once again before I could post this.

MediacomTom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 03:57:47 PM »
I do see the last 2 resets that occurred. I do show the appointment in the system that you have, but currently there is nothing sooner available. I have myself or another moderator check for sooner quota again tomorrow during business hours and we may have a better chance at getting this done quickly.

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2012, 04:07:49 PM »
Well I guess if nothing is available sooner & it is still down tomorrow, I will figure out something for internet service reliable enough to work with. Somethng is bad wrong if you can't see the resets at all, especially when 2 of them were while we were on the phone with tech support 2 different times (1st call & 3rd call), & had cable off & power off to it. It has recycled twice again since my last post.

MediacomTom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2012, 04:15:11 PM »
We will certainly do our best tomorrow to get it moved up. I apologize for the delay.

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2012, 05:00:34 PM »
ok it done it thing again over & over. About 2 minutes after my last post, DOCSIS modem went down to just power light, recycled constantly for at least 8-10 minutes, non-stop. I got up & did some other stuff for a few, came back & it appeared back up & now has recycled a couple times again in the few minutes I been setting here. Did your system pick these resets up? more than I could count.

MediacomCarson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2012, 05:05:45 PM »
I do show in our log where the resets did happen.  We have sent a request to try and get you a sooner date for your trouble call.

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2012, 02:34:04 PM »
Can you check your logs, my modem starting to reset itself again about 15 minutes ago. I has reset itself 3 times now again. I still have a tech call for tomorrow from it doing this ALL day last Sunday & we had no service at all. It reset twice in a row with no connection in between, was up for about 3 or 4 minutes then reset again 1 time, back up now a few minutes. I know the tech will call & say "there is nothing I can do there if it is working" & try to not show up like always.

MediacomDrew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2012, 02:43:45 PM »
I can see the drops, and they do seem to coincide with fluctuations and drops in SNR.  The service call is still on and we have notated it thoroughly to make sure that the technician addresses these issues.

MediacomJames

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2012, 11:11:55 PM »
I show that the trouble call was completed.  Is the service performing better?

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2012, 11:34:45 PM »
I show that the trouble call was completed.  Is the service performing better?

Well, no idea really. The local tech called at the scheduled time, ask how the internet was working. I told him about last Sunday & the modem resetting all afternoon & evening & we had no connection at all 99% of the time, except for a few seconds here & there. He said "well yeh, we had noise coming from one house & it made a node go down, but we got that fixed". I then told him it went down again yesterday right around 2 PM or so & reset at least 3 times, I had to get to work, but my son said this lasted about an hour yesterday we had no internet except 3-10 seconds here & there. Last night & today, it has been ok again, with just a slow lag at times, (enough lag it appears internet is down, can't change page & get time outs, but modem doesn't reset). He then said "well I will call XXXXX" (can't remember the name) & call me back. He called me back about 15 minutes later & said they were going to run a 72 hour test & check it. End of conversation. They might be running a test on it, might not be, sometimes I think the local people feed us a line to shut us up a while longer. I ask him to let me know how the test goes & I am betting I never hear a word about it from anyone local.

MediacomJames

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2012, 11:44:30 PM »
I will make sure that this gets done and we will contact you as soon as the test is complete.

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2012, 07:40:13 PM »
I will make sure that this gets done and we will contact you as soon as the test is complete.
I would appreciate it. I had errands to do today but husband was home & tried to work some, said modem has reset itself at least 7 times he counted & was out quite a while a couple of the times.

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2012, 07:43:01 PM »
Thanks for letting us know. As soon as we hear back we will relay the info.

Chris

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2012, 08:13:06 PM »
On my phone. Modem screwed up constantly resetting again. No service at all. Called tech support again. Was told their puters were down, nothing they can do. Come on this has been long enough, for the cost of ultra 50 and i can't have 1 full day of internet ever.

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2012, 08:35:16 PM »
Voip mediacom phone modem is now down also. I know this is not phone forum, but they are having major system issues that need fixed. No internet, no house phone not good.

MediacomTom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2012, 08:46:15 PM »
I am watching the modem and have seen it reboot multiple times. I will be deprovisioning the modem temporarily to see if it will stop rebooting. I may remove the phone temporarily along with the internet as I try a few things. Please bare with me.

MediacomTom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2012, 08:59:15 PM »
Ok, so both of the modems look to working properly now. Let me know if still an issue.

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2012, 09:07:35 PM »
Ok, so both of the modems look to working properly now. Let me know if still an issue.

Well tech support finally did say the whole city was out. The ultra 50 modem came back up, stayed about 1 minutes, went back off, now it has been up about 5 minutes. Still no phone. Modem looks fine, lights all correct, but still no dial tone at all. I have unplugged phone, took out phone line & hooked them all back up, still nothing.

SnuggleBunny

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2012, 09:08:40 PM »
phone modem just went down again.