Author Topic: TLV-11 Unrecognized OID  (Read 12978 times)

travagg

• View Profile
TLV-11 Unrecognized OID
« on: December 29, 2011, 08:28:06 PM »
I keep seeing this error in the Logs of my cable modem when the internet goes down.  Everthing has been fine for the past month or so and this shows up all of a sudden and internet keeps bouncing.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Travis

MediacomTom

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: TLV-11 Unrecognized OID
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 08:47:17 PM »
Your downstream return has begun to bottom out over the last 4 days or so and is the most likely cause for the interruption. This particular issue tends to be caused by a poor or degrading splitter in many cases. If one is in place between the modem and the wall that would be the first thing to check over and possibly bypass if able to.

travagg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 08:47:55 PM »
There are no splitters in my apartment.

travagg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 08:49:01 PM »
To the best of my knowledge...there are one or two splitters on the main line under the apartments feeding back to the pedestal.

MediacomTom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 08:53:02 PM »
Would you be OK with setting up an appointment to get someone out and looking into this signal issue I am seeing?

travagg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 09:00:23 PM »
Yes a tech can come out...I have read through many posts on this forum and have had numerous issues with my service in the past.  I would like to say that in general most people are patient and understanding.  Some can be downright rude however.  I know you guys are doing the best you can with the tools and information you are given and for that I am truly grateful.

Having said that...all I am looking for is a quick resolution.  I would like to ask that a VERY qualified tech come out to research and solve the problem.  Some of the techs have more experience and expertise than others.  I have never asked for a credit when my service was not up to par and I am not asking for one now...I just want my problem fixed. 

My one request is that a tech come out between 4pm and 5pm as soon as possible.  I live alone and it is extremely inconvenient for me to have to leave work for a tech visit.

Thank you
Travis

MediacomTom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 09:03:53 PM »
Understood. I will PM you in regards to the appointment.

MediacomJames

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 11:08:33 PM »
I show that the trouble call was completed.  Is the service working better for you now?

travagg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 07:23:15 PM »
Nope...still dropping the connection.  I was able to replicate the drop while the tech was here.  When he hooked up his signal tester everything showed A-OK though.  He went to check the lines and I was informed by the tech that "the supervisor just told him to replace the modem and leave to go to another job".  I am assuming that the supervisor thought he had been here too long and since my signals were great...replace the modem and shut this cusotmer up.  So...now I have a new Cisco modem...connection still dropping and will have to leave work again to meet a tech at my house.  Any suggestions?  I am almost through with being patient and nice.

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 07:25:41 PM »
I can gladly escalate this to the supervisor to get his opinion on the situation, since he is the one who had the tech leave. I will get this forwarded back up and see what we can find out for you. I apologize for the issues.

Chris

travagg

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 07:27:16 PM »
Thank you Chris...when can I expect a reply.  Just as an FYI...the drops are generally only noticeable when downloading large files i.e. iTunes movies, Steam games, etc.  surfing is usually OK.

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 07:31:10 PM »
I sent it up tonight, so hopefully tomorrow if the TOS makes it to his office. If not it would be the day after at the latest.

Chris

travagg

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 09:24:35 PM »
Still no response from a Supervisor.

MediacomDallas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 09:40:17 PM »
I am sorry for the delay. We resent the message to the TOS earlier today. I have now gone to the next higher level to get this resolved. We will keep you posted as soon as we hear back.

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 09:45:50 AM »
The Tech Ops Supervisor told us that he will attempt to contact you today to set up an appointment for him and a lead tech to go out to your home.  His number may show up as blocked or unkonwn on the caller id. Please accept call.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 09:49:27 AM by MediacomBill »

travagg

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 09:33:10 PM »
No one has ever contacted me...or attempted to contact me...when can I expect a resolution and at this point in time I am asking for a credit for not being able to consistently use my connection for 2 weeks.

MediacomJames

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 09:46:04 PM »
I will get the escalated to the TOS again to see why you were not contacted.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

MediacomJames

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 09:47:01 PM »
I have also credited your account for 2 weeks of the internet service.

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2012, 10:34:27 AM »
I got word from the TOS who told me he has tried to call twice and been out to the house twice and no one has been home. Can you please PM me the number we should be calling on? I just want to make sure we are all on the same page.

Chris

MediacomDallas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 11:29:01 AM »
I got word today that the TOS left a message on the number you sent Chris. He left his phone number with you. Please let us know if you need anything else.