Author Topic: Internet has horribly variable speeds  (Read 917 times)

MediacomDallas

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Internet has horribly variable speeds
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 06:49:06 AM »
Did the tech indicate it was the house that might need to be rewired or some of the lines further up the street? Also, did you lose cable TV last night after the tech was out?

ddellspe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 06:52:18 AM »
the tech indicated that while most houses and apartments are wired for three outlets, I'm only wired for ONE outlet from mediacom which is on the opposite side of the house from my cable modem.  He indicated that they are only liable to get internet working to that one outlet and anything after that point is my problem.  I've been having cable issues since the first tech came out and replaced a wire.  I've had at least 6 of my recordings die in the middle of the show due to a "Weak Signal".  I believe the Tech was out last Friday, if there was one out last night, it had no effect on my signals at all. 

MediacomDallas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 06:56:13 AM »
Understood. Thanks for the additional info. I will bring this to the attention of the local technical supervisor to see what else can be done here.

ddellspe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2012, 05:32:10 PM »
Had a tech out today to take a look as the previous changes didn't have an effect as of late.  Went in and finally updated some of the equipment from the mainline, which he claimed had been outdated for a while.  Unfortunate to hear that it should've been updated long ago and wasn't even though I have been calling (not making appointments) for quite a long time about this. 

I am happy that the issue has finally been semi-rectified, hopefully this will hold for longer now. 

MediacomJames

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2012, 05:38:26 PM »
I am glad that we were able to work on this issue for you, keep us posted with any changes.

MediacomJames

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2012, 11:18:00 PM »
Maintenance was out and adjusted the signal levels.  Are you seeing any additional improvement?

ddellspe

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2012, 11:20:01 PM »
No, but my Downstream power dropped from -4.7 to -5.5, though it is pretty variable throughout the day anyway.  I'll monitor it over the next few days and let you know if there's improvement or not in the 'long run'

MediacomJames

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2012, 11:25:10 PM »
Sounds good.  If you are still experiencing issues I will get this escalated again for you.