Author Topic: Connection issues- Carroll, IA  (Read 3715 times)

tras

• View Profile
Re: Connection issues- Carroll, IA
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2012, 10:07:44 AM »
Yes, they called back on Friday and everything seemed to be working fine.  However, I know it is not fixed because they didn't do anything.  (They changed a bunch of stuff on Thursday but my internet was horrible on Thursday afternoon and then it happened to work fine on Friday).  And now this morning, I've been kicked off my vpn 3 times in the past 30 minutes.  My internet still kind of works but I must lose enough signal that my vpn cannot stay connected.  I've run speedtest.net and pingtest.net on my cpu that is not connected to the vpn.  One pingtest is fine and then I run it again and the pings and jitter are very, very high.  Something is still wrong.

I need someone to get here to fix this sooner rather than later.  Please make sure they send someone that can actually fix it. 

MediacomDrew

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2012, 10:24:36 AM »
The escalation team did mention that they called on Friday and everything appeared to be doing well.  I've passed this along to them directly, to let them know that the trouble continues this morning.  I've requested to have a job created ASAP so that we can address this.

MediacomDrew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2012, 09:20:38 AM »
Patrick has been keeping us updated on the changes that he and maintenance have been making, but I wanted to follow up and check with you as well.  How have things been the last couple of days?

tras

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2012, 04:02:09 PM »
Everything has been working fine for the past few days.  Woo Hoo!

MediacomJames

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2012, 04:08:22 PM »
Great!  Let us know if anything changes.

tras

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2012, 08:24:29 AM »
It has been about a month now and everything has been working fine until yesterday.  I was kicked off my vpn twice yesterday and two times already this morning.  I checked the speeds on my personal computer (not connected to vpn) and they are much slower than 12mbps.  Last one was 1mbps download speed.  What is the deal now?????

MediacomDallas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2012, 08:39:30 AM »
The server utilization has been very low over the last week but there has been a sudden change in the return SNR to the area. I will bring this back up with the techs that were working on your issue before to see what the situation is here.

tras

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2012, 08:43:55 AM »
So is it me or the whole area?  Thank you for your quick response and I would like to see this fixed ASAP.  I can't be having issues every month. I work from home and this mediacom service has been awful for the past few months.  It works.  It doesn't.  It works.  It doesn't.  I lived in MPLS for 8 years and only once had to call comcast for my service. 

MediacomDallas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 09, 2012, 08:52:06 AM »
From what I'm looking at, I can't say for sure if this is an issue just on your street or the whole area. Regardless of what the issue is, the connection shouldn't be causing you this many problems so often. Once we hear back from the TOS should have a better idea what the situation is here.

tras

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 09, 2012, 08:57:39 AM »
Thank you.  I cannot stress enough the urgency of getting this fixed.  (It just so happens I have a conference call this morning with big guys at my company but I guess I can't use my VOIP company phone since my internet sucks!) I had a feeling this would come back to haunt me because the techs never actually fixed my SNR issue (the fact that is goes out of whack so much.  It did it the whole time they were here last and they couldn't figure it out).  However, when they fixed the utilization issue everything started to work better. 

I am beyond frustrated. 

MediacomDallas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 09, 2012, 09:02:08 AM »
I certainly understand your frustrations. We will stay on top of this to get it resolved as quick as we can.

MediacomDallas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 09, 2012, 12:20:57 PM »
I just got word back. Our maintenance crew is checking on this today.

MediacomTim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 09, 2012, 11:27:37 PM »
I see that the inspection by maintenance was completed today. Are you still having connection issues?

tras

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2012, 08:49:00 AM »
Can you check my connection this morning?  My VOIP (thru my vpn) is cutting out and usually that means my internet is having issues.  Thanks.

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2012, 09:23:50 AM »
I will check that for you. Be back in a few minutes.

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2012, 09:41:28 AM »
I am seeing some slight upstream packet loss.  What are you experiencing?  What do you mean by dropping out? Is it what your saying or what is being said back to you?

I also want to clarify that you are running a 3rd party void system though a work vpn?

tras

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2012, 09:54:16 AM »
Yes, it is a third party voip.  However, whenever I have internet issues, I notice them sooner because I am connected to my vpn and I get kicked off of it or my phone doesn't work.

I usually can hear the other person but they cannot hear me.  Sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes minutes. 

I just had SNR issues last week.  Will my internet ever work consistently and by that I mean that I don't have to contact mediacom every month (or week)?

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2012, 10:02:36 AM »
I would recommend we set up a tech call to determine if line issues are causing this upstream packet loss.

tras

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 19, 2012, 10:09:18 AM »
Fine.  Set it.  Please make sure you send an experienced tech.  I don't want to waste my time with a tech that will come in and tell me everything is fine.

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2012, 10:14:01 AM »
I will request a lead tech go out on the appointment. Which voip service do you use?