Author Topic: We The People.. I too am saying what you said  (Read 3755 times)

Richard

• View Profile
We The People.. I too am saying what you said
« on: October 31, 2011, 01:49:06 PM »
 OK How about this, Since you can not PROVIDE "SERVICE" you stop billing us. I have had the same issues if not even more for (TOO MANY) years.
 I live in a Gated Community and unfortunately we have had a contract with Mediacom, 4 years left, and you can not keep up with the demand yet you take "OUR" monies or you will shut us off, I am sure that others have a "Contract" signed by their Village Board and are as aggravated as our Board members as they too hear complaints!
 This is an injustice and is frustrating because as everyone has said SLOW or NO CONNECTION = PAY or NO PAY could be Justified if we all just quit paying YOU!!!
 So maybe "WE THE PEOPLE" should form together and do as stated above, or maybe you just need to go to "YOUR" Technicians and Throttle (term used for release of bandwidth) up and give us what we pay for.
 Online MAX is SUPPOSE to be up to 20Mbps and up to 2Mbps, yet I  can do a Speed test too and you (should) be knowledgeable enough to know that "WE THE PEOPLE" who pay for Online Max are only getting DIAL-UP speeds and even then 128Kbps is like PHONE LINE SERVICE.
 Also it is a joke when you send a "Technician" out and he says "it is not the equipment inside the house" every time we call your "SERVICE" (joke) center. Oh well we have to send a Technician out. Just deliver the goods "WE THE PEOPLE" are paying for.
One last note I have spoken to many people in your (crime) Organization like (1st names only) Leann in charge of Corporate Contracts, or Ken a Manager at Field Office for Northern Il, I have spoken to Victoria part of the (*cough) Presidents Team and her Supervisor.  I have been told they need to send a line Tech, They need to have a Field Supervisor, I have even been told (company admits something) we have reached Saturation point and the Board is on back order for about 3-6 months so stop telling us a bunch of STALL TACTICS and Deliver the goods as promised or stop stealing "WE THE PEOPLE" our money till you can and do have a SOLUTION. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 03:05:15 PM by RaginginPoPularGRove »

MediacomBill

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: We The People.. I too am saying what you said
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 01:53:39 PM »
I apologize for the service issues you have experienced and will be happy to help you.

Please send my your account information via personal message by clicking on the voice bubble on the left of this post.

MediacomCarson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 05:27:08 PM »
The local management got back to us and are giving early December as the fix date for the utilization issue.  We will keep you posted if this changes.  Thank you for your patience. 

Richard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 03:08:19 PM »
Thank you for that "GENERIC" response, as i have sent messages regarding any and all excuses this organization can come up with that I find humor in incompetence or ignorance maybe just plain laziness but whatever excuse is passed on from one to the other and then to the consumer is "PURE LUDICROUS" and your "response" is saying that.....   "YES MEDIACOM CABLE HAS A PROBLEM and YES YOU ARE PAYING FOR ONLINE MAX, butt... WE CAN ONLY SUPPLY UP TO BASIC BECAUSE WE ADMIT TO HAVING INFERIOR EQUIPMENT"
 at same time knowing you can't meet demand you will stall consumer, "WE THE PEOPLE", you will waste your Technicians Time and ours just to say that we have to schedule a truck to do a service call, knowing full well it is your problem from your equipment!!!!
  As i said before I EXPECT CREDIT or  REFUND, paying for ONLINE MAX and only getting basic internet, Better yet how about "WE THE PEOPLE" all getting Credit if they paid for ONLINE MAX but are only getting what your equipment can supply, Then once this "problem of Mediacom Cable" is resolved then start billing for what we are (SUPPOSE) to get and not what you can only supply.
  On closing my prior communications Documented over the years will show that I was waiting for Ken (Elburn Mgr) to release Credit of $1200.00 as he is the only one that can issue this amount (as I am told) and that was back in July as then they said we had a "UTILIZATION PROBLEM" and that the Board is on (*cough) Back-order, which tells me that you are just responding without even looking into "MY" history.. Here we go again...... 
  It would be best advise that you look into my particular issue before you respond and say something (excuse) that has been used year after year after year...

MediacomMatt

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 03:44:00 PM »
I looked into your history specifically, and it is still being watched. We can credit for the issue, that is not a problem, but we are still in a holding pattern at this time until the parts that are needed to do these upgrades are available. Like any industry, we have suppliers that we rely on to get us the equipment we need, and at this point, there is nothing else we can do to speed this up until that is taken care of. Again, we thank you for your patience in this matter.

Richard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 04:25:50 PM »
Thanks again for being prompt in responding
  It seems that someone is not reading as one should, I appreciate what you have said but please take a minute and see that Once again...
  I have been told before that a Board is needed and it is on back-order till mid to end July, that we reached a saturation point, Oh this was in April, OK fine....

I have been told before that a Board is needed and it is on back-order till mid to end March or April, that we reached a saturation point, sound familiar and that was December which I was also told that if it was a line problem we would have to wait till mid Spring because of frozen Ground... It gets better!!!!!

I have been told before that a Board is needed and it is on back-order till mid to end Dec, that we reached a saturation point, Now I know it seems my message is redundant, that is exactly my point!!!

Lets be straight Forward and Honest, ESCALATE my issue to a person that can make decisions and not just excuses, I know you are doing what you've been told to do, but do you know WHAT HAS (already) BEEN SAID over and over again.
   I know I might seem furious, frustrated, aggravated and you are correct in assuming but "WE THE PEOPLE" know you (Mediacom cable) have admitted to having a problem, I don't need to know what is already known, I am only asking that this problem be fixed, (if you know the problem) if not then the Crdit amount just keeps going up with the "limited" ability to meet "WE THE PEOPLE(s)" agreement   

MediacomMatt

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 04:37:39 PM »
We got an email yesterday from the engineer in charge of your area that stated that once they roll out the DOCSIS 3 system on the head end that services that area it will clear up the bandwidth needed to get your services working as they should. The DOCSIS 3 rollout is scheduled for early December. We understand the frustration, but we simply can't do anything at this point until the system is upgraded and they allocate the required bandwidth to resolve the utilization problem in that area.

Richard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 04:50:15 PM »
Just another (cough*) update....
 It seems that Internet is going off completely, and more on Weekends. I thought OK maybe it is/was due to High Volume but then I am on my PC sometimes for 24 Hours and it has no reason or Rhyme with Times.
 I have read your replies from any and all and it seems to be same issue "waiting for a Part" Did you see where I had said in one of my replies "GOES BACK TO 2006"!!!!!
  Seriously how many times can you tell someone, We are waiting for a part because 5 years is like what use to be the (actually wait was 12 years) back order for a television show called "BOZO's CIRCUS", not that there is a comparison but it is not FUNNY to keep using same "EXCUSE" So if you can't, then ADMIT it and get someone that Can.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1583151576.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1583156763.png

Why not have someone bring this to the ATTENTION of Mediacom's PRESIDENT!  I am sure He would make some HEADS roll Since he is now Sole Owner and Does care about his Clients....
Aggravated,  Frustrated, Stuck (contract)
END USER

MediacomTom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 05:03:52 PM »
Utilization is still high during peak times don't get me wrong, but has improved overall at least slightly. The area problem with utilization would not completely cut out the connection, only drop the speeds for periods of time. Currently I am seeing an erratic signal that could correspond with a possible bad connection such as a splitter or other cable cord problem. Does there happen to be a splitter between the wall and the modem by chance?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 05:12:20 PM by MediacomTom »

Richard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 05:13:11 PM »
 Yes, as it has been for over 4 years and I have no SWF signal loss at any equipment inside or even coming into the House from box.
 The only change that has been done, is outside, at box is a new customer had Cable that sat above ground for a good month and a half before they came and buried it and this problem has been one that has been going on for YEARS.
  But I am going to as soon as I send this message, run direct to (cable) outlet and you can watch and see if there is any change, Give me about ten minutes from time you receive this.
Thanks in advance

MediacomTom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 05:17:18 PM »
Sounds good. I have your modem info up and ready to check.

MediacomTom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 05:22:32 PM »
I was refreshing the modem diagnostics and it already shows improvement. Prior to your previous post I was seeing a downstream return of about -4dB and I now see +4.5dB. Either there was a minor issue with the cable or it is quite possible that splitter may be on its way out(usually the case with worsening intermittent problems). There is generally a -3.5dB loss due to the splitter, but if the connection from the wall was good and splitter is also good you should be at about +1dB or so.

A new splitter either from the local office or hardware store(under $3) should be able to at least stabilize the connection until the upgrades are in place to fix the peak hour speed problem.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 05:24:51 PM by MediacomTom »

Richard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 05:41:58 PM »
 I am seeing a reading of  4.6 dBmV dropped to  4.4 dBmV at same time I am running w/o splitter and fluctuating is still readable though transmit power is constant @ 46.0 dBmV.
 I have another Question The Modem I am running is a Scientific Atlanta WebStar DPC2100R2 That on this I can only access the System so I can not make a Log, update (if one is out there),  check signal as it keeps telling me...
"This feature is not enabled.
This feature has not been enabled in your cable modem.

Please contact your data services provider for more information about this feature and its availability on the network."

Any help would be appreciated as I believe it was accessible until I hit the "RESET" on back and now I can't.
Thanks again

MediacomTom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 05:54:10 PM »
Signal is OK to fluctuate a minor amount. I will PM you on the features pages part as I am not 100% sure we can enable/allow it remotely.

Richard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 05:59:40 PM »
Thanks again, I only wish with some of these Minor issues that your "Service Reps or even Field Techs" would have a card with this E-Mail address because I have found Typing (and I hate typing) to you guys on these Forums are not only better Reps, but better answers.
 Thanks again as I patiently wait for the Speeds I have been Paying for all these years :) 

MediacomTom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 06:09:56 PM »
No problem. If you need anything in the meantime just let us know.

Richard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 04:13:17 PM »
just a little update since last conversation......

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1594158018.png

Honestly, this is one of the best speeds for D/L I have seen in a very long time...
sad :( thing is, that it is a far cry from the "ONLINE MAX" program. which brings us back too,
it is still only a little better then 1/2 of what I should actually be getting.

then just a few minutes later....

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1594166826.png

and I have tried many different changes to (in house) hardware with the "EXACT" same issues

MediacomMatt

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 04:33:58 PM »
Let me check into is and see what else we can find for you to sort this all out. Sorry you are still fighting these speeds.

Richard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 05:15:59 PM »
In the short time of correspondence

I ran some other Test(s)
http://www.pingtest.net/result/50639314.png

Also form Modem itself
Name     WebSTAR DPC2100R2

From (modem) System
Receive Power Level
    4.9 dBmV**

Transmit Power Level
    44.5 dBmV

From (modem) Signal
Downstream Channel (from network to modem)

Power Level
    5.0 dBmV**

Signal to Noise Ratio
    40.3 dB

Upsteam Channel  (from modem to network)

Power Level
    44.5 dBmV

From Logs

Time                      Level              Description
 Tue Nov 15 15:13:06 2011      Critical (3)     Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - ...
 Sun Nov 13 05:35:08 2011      Warning (5)     DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response
 Fri Nov 11 12:40:35 2011      Critical (3)     Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - ...
 Wed Nov 09 17:19:12 2011      Notice (6)     TLV-11 - unrecognized OID
 Time Not Established             Critical (3)     DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
 Wed Nov 09 17:14:12 2011      Critical (3)     Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Un...
 Wed Nov 09 15:39:50 2011      Critical (3)     Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - ...
 Tue Nov 08 17:50:47 2011      Critical (3)     DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
 Tue Nov 08 17:50:43 2011      Critical (3)     DHCP FAILED - Discover sent, no offer received
 Tue Nov 08 17:49:54 2011      Critical (3)     No UCD's Received - Timeout
 Tue Nov 08 17:42:48 2011      Critical (3)     Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Un...
 Tue Nov 08 17:42:29 2011      Critical (3)     SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to receive MAC S...
 Tue Nov 08 17:42:16 2011      Critical (3)     Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - ...

I understand issues and patience. Just letting you see problems same as I do.
**  That range should be at optimum being 0 I am not even close to that range

MediacomMatt

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 05:32:12 PM »
Thanks for the update, as soon as I find something out here, I will post back and let you know.