Author Topic: Internet & phone connection problems (West Des Moines, IA)  (Read 297 times)

IowaBlueJ

• View Profile
Internet & phone connection problems (West Des Moines, IA)
« on: October 27, 2011, 04:53:53 PM »
For about 2 months now, I keep losing my Internet and phone connections (they use the same modem) off and on.   There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, it may work fine most of the day or barely at all on any given day.  I e-mailed Mediacom a couple weeks ago, and they said they saw "a problem with the cable signal making it to your modem. This can be caused by a loose or corroded cable connection or possibly a bad splitter."  They said to try replacing the splitter, which I did, but I'm still having the problem.  Can you help?  Thank you!

MediacomDavid

• View Profile
Re: Internet & phone connection problems (West Des Moines, IA)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 04:56:41 PM »
I'd be very happy to look into this for you, If you could send me a PM with either your account# or phone# I will get right on this for you.

MediacomDavid

• View Profile
Re: Internet & phone connection problems (West Des Moines, IA)
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 05:21:26 PM »
Hello IowaBlueJ,

I looked at you modem and from what I can tell there is a signal issue on the line. If the cable line going to the modem is going through a cable splitter you can try bypassing that to see if it fixes the problem otherwise this is something that we would need to get a technician out to get fixed for you.

Would you like me to go ahead and set something up for you?