Author Topic: High BW Loss outside of Huntsville, AL  (Read 5042 times)

WastingBody

• View Profile
Re: High BW Loss outside of Huntsville, AL
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2011, 07:16:36 AM »
Thanks for the info.

MediacomDrew

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2011, 07:32:15 AM »
No problem.  If we hear any new information, or anything else comes up, we will definitely let you know.

WastingBody

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2011, 10:08:40 AM »
My internet has been usable for a while, but today it seems to have shifted back into being unusable. Upload seems okay while the download very slow. Usually around 10:00 AM is the best time, but not today.

SpeedTest before I reset the router and modem.

SpeedTest afterwards.

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2011, 10:28:30 AM »
We did a node split in your area, so I am not sure why your speeds dropped. I am showing some signals are a bit low right now so I am trying to get more information from your local TOS. In the mean time it would be best to get the local signals fixed by having a tech come out. Can I set that up for you?

Chris

WastingBody

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2011, 02:46:42 PM »
That would be very helpful. As you can see, we are still having problems.

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2011, 02:49:37 PM »
okay, I will set up a trouble call for you and PM you the time/date.

Chris

MediacomCarson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2011, 11:49:04 PM »
I show the trouble call was completed.  How is the service running?

WastingBody

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2011, 11:55:21 PM »
It's functioning much better than before. :)

MediacomDrew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2011, 06:46:06 AM »
That's good to hear!  Definitely keep us posted, and let us know if any more trouble arises.

WastingBody

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2011, 02:33:00 AM »
Christmas day, internet started to slow down again. High pings, low bandwidth, pages not loading or taking a very long time to load. Today I also noticed I could share the results page for my SpeedTest account.

http://www.speedtest.net/results.php?sh=121c285aa8fae899dfd922cedd311d50&ria=0

The results go back to March. A few of these tests are conduced at a local university; this is where the maximum upload test occurred that resulted in over a 7 mbps upload.

What has been happening recently is obvious on the graph. The upwards spike at the end is when the tech came out and temporarily fixed the problem. It seems to me that these problems do not solve themselves. I waited for a while last time, but not this time.

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2011, 08:33:14 AM »
I am sorry you are having this problem again. I will reopen your ticket and get it escalated.  No need to send your account info. I have it here on file.

WastingBody

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2011, 06:15:06 PM »
Is there any progress on the new headend that is supposed to be placed in the area? If so, will it actually fix the issue with everyone around receiving sub-par service? I don't know anyone in the area that has consistent service. It has become kind of a joke really. Some of my friends don't even complain anymore because nothing ever gets done in the long term. It may be working properly one week, but then the next week it isn't.

MediacomEric

« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2011, 06:42:55 PM »
I do show that your ticket has been escalated and we are working with the Technical Operations Supervisor to resolve this issue. We will keep you posted once we hear back from them.  Thank you for the updates.

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2011, 08:29:01 AM »
They did some maintenance work on the upstream problem. Have you noticed an improvement?

WastingBody

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2012, 02:34:43 PM »
Nothing changed for the better from my observations. At least before my upload speed was normal.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1682414904.png

MediacomDallas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2012, 02:50:26 PM »
I will bring this back to the TOS to see what was found and what else can be done here.

WastingBody

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2012, 01:39:55 AM »
I really would like to have normal internet back. If nothing is being done, I believe we will be dropping Mediacom as soon as we can. To me, it looks like this issue isn't going to be fixed.

I really did hope that I would get to play some multiplayer games over my Christmas break, but I guess that got thrown out the window with us getting less than 1% of our advertised bandwidth.

I don't know if this stuff is relevant, but I downloaded the SpeedTest mini software. I did a few checks with it because I was curious. I installed it to another PC with Apache and PHP, and ran the SpeedTests with Firefox from my desktop PC.

On the WAN IP: http://imgur.com/KMah9
On the local IP: http://imgur.com/W30Hl
And the result from a regular SpeedTest:

Hopefully something can be gleaned from this.

MediacomDallas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2012, 06:24:15 AM »
I apologize for the lack of information we have provided so far. We are working behind the scenes on getting the corrected, but we haven't received word on what the exact problem is yet. There is an issue with both the downstream and upstream signals at your modem. This issue doesn't seem to be affecting all modems on your street through. We are set to follow up with the TOS again today to find out what the situation is.

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2012, 11:44:05 AM »
I spoke to the local Tech Ops Supervisor and he is having a lead tech work on this today in the field.  I will be back with you when this is completed and the lead tech reports back.
Bill

Richard

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2012, 11:44:38 AM »
 I am, as you are, Fed up.  I feel what you are going through, yet, every month they send out a bill for the price of a service they fail to deliver.
  I see you are "NEW" to this as I have been dealing with them for 13 years on a 20 contract and the only option we have is either, Wireless or Satellite and as a Gamer that is not an option. So we complain and have gone through they same stories as I see in replies just ours are years of the same BS and yours is (blessing) since July.
  Look at my Posts here http://mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport/forum/index.php?topic=3673.0 and I only found this site because of one of our Board Meetings brought this to my attention so I started Posting and see almost all Customers that are more then just internet explorers or users of web based apps More like experienced, knowledgeable, internet technically educated complain and yet excuse after excuse.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 01:51:04 PM by RaginginPoPularGRove »