Author Topic: High BW Loss outside of Huntsville, AL  (Read 4984 times)

WastingBody

• View Profile
Re: High BW Loss outside of Huntsville, AL
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2012, 11:53:26 AM »
The web interface was available on the modem. I'm not really sure what it was doing though. All of the tabs were available in the web interface. It seemed to be cycling though whatever it was doing.

MediacomDrew

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2012, 12:32:55 PM »
It may be a strength issue to that outlet alone.  Since there was just a TV with no box to it, a poor signal strength to the outlet could have been overlooked.  There's already a tech appointment set up, I know, but I'll note this and have him take a look at it.

WastingBody

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2012, 12:41:17 PM »
Alright

WastingBody

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2012, 07:53:41 PM »
Just for a real world usage example, it took me roughly 2 minutes and 30 seconds to watch https://www.ticketsolutions.com/blogs/intentional-foul/images/cliffleecatch.gif. I timed it with my phone. The play time of that gif is only about five seconds. It took me two and a half minutes to see it once!

And a SpeedTest for good measure.

MediacomTom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2012, 08:07:39 PM »
I completely understand your frustration with this. We do have a tech coming out on 1/25 and we should expect some significant improvement in the connection. Myself or another moderator will follow up with you on the day of your appointment to see how things are going.

netwalker

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2012, 07:38:13 PM »
WastingBody, are you in the Harvest area?

I'm out here and having the exact same problem you are. It has been happening for almost 2 months now. A tech came out the other day and replaced the modem and I got my speeds back for a couple of days, now I'm back to .3-.5 Mbps.

Frustration

MediacomTom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2012, 11:18:36 PM »
WastingBody,

I am showing the work order was placed on hold as the tech attempted to make contact at 8:45, 9:23 and 9:30am and was unable to reach someone at the home.

Would you like to reschedule?

WastingBody

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2012, 09:59:06 AM »
I didn't look at the phone until around 10:00, which was the time that I was given. I didn't know whether to call back or not.

Anyways, we are still having problems as you can see in the SpeedTest below. You can really see the recent trend in the history.
http://www.speedtest.net/results.php?sh=121c285aa8fae899dfd922cedd311d50&ria=153282212

Yes, I would like to reschedule.

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2012, 10:06:52 AM »
I have Saturday or Sunday available but they are all day appointments, 8-5pm. I also have Monday morning available. Please send me a personal message with your preference.

WastingBody

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2012, 06:40:04 PM »
It seems that we missed the call again.

MediacomTom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2012, 07:03:39 PM »
I am showing they called at 11:15 12:35 and 4:35pm.

I will PM you the phone# they should have been calling and about rescheduling.

WastingBody

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2012, 10:16:06 AM »
We're having major issues today. Pages take about 45 seconds to a minute to load if they do load completely.

Below, you can see that we have only had internet that works for a total of about a week depending on your definition of the word "works". If you definition of works is, you get what you payed for, then I could count those on my hands over the entire time that we've been with Mediacom.

The link below is the link to my home IP's SpeedTest results.

http://www.speedtest.net/results.php?sh=121c285aa8fae899dfd922cedd311d50&ria=153282212

And on that note, where is our service discount for January? This month has definitely been the worse one yet. I thought you guys were supposed to be making improvements? If there was another cable ISP without monthly bandwidth caps I wouldn't think twice about switching.

MediacomDrew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2012, 10:24:41 AM »
I can apply credits for the service issues, and I'm showing that we still have a tech on for today as well.  The signals really do need some attention, based on what I'm seeing currently, and I have noted this on the work order.

MediacomJames

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2012, 11:41:35 PM »
I am showing that the trouble call was cancelled.  Are you still experiencing slow speeds?

WastingBody

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2012, 01:42:50 PM »
No, the call wasn't canceled. Someone came here. I wasn't here at the time because they came three hours after the time that I was given, but someone was home. No, there is no improvement, and I don't suspect there to ever be.

From this point forward I am just going to deal with my <1Mbit/s bandwidth, 1000+ms latencies, bad call quality, and disconnected phone service. I have screenshots of my 6000+ms latency as proof to my claim, and I have SpeedTest to backup my claim to bandwidth.  I do not believe that the problem is on my end. The endless supply of techs who have been unable to solve the problem is evidence enough for me.

The only way we are sticking with Mediacom at this point is if it's given to us at a heavily discounted price. Even when the internet is "working", we still don't get what we pay for.

MediacomDrew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2012, 02:59:37 PM »
I can understand your frustration, and I have pushed this on to the local area supervisor.  This still needs to be fixed, and we're going to continue working on this.  I've asked the TOS on what he recommends as the next step, and we will be keeping you posted.

MediacomDallas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2012, 12:09:32 PM »
The TOS has had techs working in the area. How have the connection speeds been the last 12-24 hours?

WastingBody

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2012, 10:13:35 AM »
Everything was working normally until about 10:00 AM. Then http://www.speedtest.net/result/1760155901.png. And by normally, I mean we were getting about 60% of what we're supposed to get.

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2012, 10:27:09 AM »
Thank you for that update. I will pass that information on to the Tech Ops Supervisor.

WastingBody

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2012, 09:34:19 PM »
This has gone on for far too long. We have talked to other people in the area, and they are having the same exact issue. We're going to have to get rid of Mediacom. With no resolution in sight, it's the only choice that is left open for us.

Also, only half of the page loads, so I cannot see replies.