Author Topic: High BW Loss outside of Huntsville, AL  (Read 5061 times)

MediacomJames

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: High BW Loss outside of Huntsville, AL
« Reply #140 on: March 04, 2012, 06:21:43 PM »
Is this the speed you are getting connected directly to the modem?

WastingBody

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 04, 2012, 06:34:48 PM »
No, but that won't make a difference. When it's the router messing up, we have a normal upload and a slow download. We have a slow everything right now.

MediacomJames

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2012, 06:39:27 PM »
It could still be the router having an issue, I have 0% packet loss when I ping the modem.

WastingBody

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 04, 2012, 06:50:51 PM »
There is no packet loss. If there was, then it would be a serious problem. The one time I have ever seen any packet loss, nothing worked at all. As in, all I could do was ping servers. I know full well what packet loss "feels" like from my time using my university's wireless service.

I'm going to stop checking back here. Nothing has changed, nothing will change. That's my opinion; feel free to prove me wrong any time.

MediacomJames

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 04, 2012, 07:01:06 PM »
Your signals are at the same level they were when the speeds were fine, and there is not a utilization problem.  I am attempting to help you with your speed issues.  If you could connect directly to the modem and are still getting those speeds then the problem is still on our end.  If that is the case I can get this escalated back up to the area management to see what else could be going on.

One of the big things that bypassing the router does is to make completely sure that nothing else would be taking away from either your upload or download speeds, such as other computers, devices, games servers, etc. 

WastingBody

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 04, 2012, 07:24:26 PM »
And I am tired of doing that because it doesn't change anything.

MediacomCarson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2012, 07:35:49 PM »
We understand that it is the last thing you want to do but we have nothing on this end to indicate a Mediacom related problem.  The signal levels are solid.  We can try and get another technician out but there may be a charge and he will still need to bypass any personally owned network devices when troubleshooting regardless.  I can assure you were doing everything we can, but cannot verify this as a Mediacom problem at this point.