Author Topic: Defective Pace cable box  (Read 1077 times)

carygood

• View Profile
Defective Pace cable box
« on: September 06, 2011, 05:00:37 AM »
   I have been with mediacom since 1985 and overall the service has been good but I do have a problem with the pace brand cable box. When I switched the box to HD model I had trouble getting a good box. The Huntsville, AL office (14 miles away) gave me a pace box that had HDMI problems. I returned the box and received a box that had sound problems another box that had CC (closed caption) troubles. I finally received a Motorolla box that worked fine.
   About 1 year later the Motorolla box developed sound problems and would cut off at random times. I filed a work order with appointment 1 week away. I took the box to Huntsville office and was given a pace box. That box had no front panel display and would cut off at random times. I called the service line to confirm that my appointment was still active and scheduled for the next day (thursday 12-5pm). I changed my wife and my dental apppointments to keep the repair schedule. On thur the repairman was a no show. I called at 6:30 pm and was told the repairman had 6 more appointments and he would call me. I did not receive a call that night or the next day. I called mediacom service and was told that I had cancelled the appointment. I denied the cancellation and was finally told an employee had cancelled it. I asked for a supervisor and was placed on hold for a long period. The agent said the supervisor was busy and would call me within 48 hours. At 49 hours I had not received a call so I called and spoke with a supervisor. It was agreed I would be scheduled as soon as possible. The repairman brought a Pace box that had front panel display problems the next day would shut off at random times. I called serivice and was given a new install followup appointment to change out the box. The repairman came on Sunday moring and installed another pace box. This box had very dim front panel display. This was noted on the repair order. Monday evening the box lost sound on all channels from 1-79. I called service and asked for superivsor. After being on hold for 23 min the line was dropped. I called back and the supervisor was busy. I declined a call back within 48 hours. Past experience indicated this would not happen.
   I want another brand of cable box that works.

MediacomCarson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Defective Pace cable box
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 07:21:23 AM »
I am sorry to hear you've gone through all of this trouble.  PM me your account information I will be happy to take a look.

MediacomCarson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 10:24:59 AM »
The last note I have on your ticket log is that someone locally was gong to get in touch with you.  Did this happen?

MediacomBill

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 10:43:18 AM »
The Tech Ops Supervisor was unable to reach you by phone yesterday.  If you have a preferred contact # (ie cell phone) please send it to me via personal message.

MediacomBill

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 02:26:37 PM »
I understand the Tech Ops Supervisor went out today. Has the issue been resolved to your satisfaction?