Author Topic: Erratic internet speed  (Read 407 times)

hydenfrank

• View Profile
Erratic internet speed
« on: December 21, 2011, 12:11:33 PM »
I've been with Mediacom for a couple of years, but here lately I've been noticing some erratic download/upload speeds. I'm on the 12 download/1 upload service. I always use speedtest.net to measure and there are times I get like 11 download/.9 upload. Then there's other times I get numbers like 5 or 6 download/.9 upload. There's even been a few times I've gotten a higher upload speed compared to the download speed.
The upload speed is most always consistent at about .9. There's been a few times where it's dipped into .85 or something but usually it's pretty steady.
I got an e-mail from Tommy with Mediacom Social Media Team. He told me that he was getting low signals from my modem and maybe it was due to a bad connection or something. All the connection on the back of my modem seem fine. Should I schedule a service call?

MediacomBill

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Erratic internet speed
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 12:34:07 PM »
I am sorry you are having this problem.  That sounds like the right place to start. If you send me your account information via personal message I will get that set up for you.  To send a personal message click on the voice bubble on the left of this post.