Author Topic: HD box not working  (Read 2443 times)

johnson7927

• View Profile
HD box not working
« on: June 24, 2011, 07:45:54 AM »
I have a multi-room DVR system with mediacom.  One of the Pace DC700X HD boxes isn't working.  The message light is flashing twice.  I unplugged the unit overnight and plugged back in this morning but still saying No Signal.  The other units on the system are working. 

MediacomMike

Re: HD box not working
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 07:58:23 AM »
Do you have a splitter on the coaxial line running between this box and the cable jack on the wall?  If so, I may suggest bypassing that splitter to see if this grants you a signal to the box.

If this presents no improvement then chances are we have a bad box or an issue with this cable jack.  Please send me a private message including your account number or phone number if this is the case and I'll take a closer look.

johnson7927

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 10:09:37 PM »
I went to local mediacom office and got the box swapped out for a new one.  I've got it hooked up and everything is working except for DVR service which it says is unavailable.  We have a whole house DVR and the other two boxes are working just fine with the DVR.  How do I get the new box to talk to the DVR box? 

MediacomDallas

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 10:13:23 PM »
I've sent a signal to reload the account programming on the box. Give it about 5 minutes and see if the DVR works then.

johnson7927

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 10:42:50 AM »
Sorry I couldn't get back to you last night.  I got caught up putting the kids to bed.

I tried again this morning and am still getting the DVR is not available message. 

I won't be home the rest of today to check the box so no rush but I can check tonight or in the morning and let you know. 

Also I cancelled the service call for today because 1) I'm not home and 2) I hope we can get this fixed without one.  If not, I'll reschedule at a time that works in the future. 

Thanks for your help on this.  I like trying to work out problems on this forum. 

Karen

MediacomMike

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 11:02:50 AM »
When you have an opportunity, please try the following :

1.   Power off the Apache box.

2.   Press the "reset" button on the MoCA adapter.

3.   Wait 60 seconds.

4.   Unplug the Apache box for 10 seconds and plug it back in.

5.   After 60 seconds turn the Apache back on and test the DVR functions.

If these troubleshooting steps don't correct the issue we would need a tech out as the box itself would be the problem.

johnson7927

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 10:05:07 AM »
I don't have an MoCA adapter in this room.  This box is in the same room as the DC900X hard drive box so they are connected by an Ethernet cable.  When I connect the cable between the box the the hard drive, the LAN light on the hard drive box lights up.  When I disconnect the cable, the LAN light goes out.  But the box is still saying DVR service is not available and to call cable operator.  Anything else I can try tonight or do I need to schedule a service call?  If I do need a service call, I'd like it to be the week of July 11th, maybe on the 12th or the 13th.

MediacomMike

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 10:08:36 AM »
In that case, yes, we would need a tech out to have this issue resolved.  I'll take a look at appointments to see if I can have you locked in for the week of July 11th.  I'll PM you with details shortly.

MediacomBill

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 12:26:24 PM »
I see a tech came out and replaced a digital converter. Is the problem resolved to your satisfaction?

johnson7927

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 01:53:25 PM »
Thank you for following up.  Yes the problem is finally resolved.  But the process (other than working with on-line tech support) was not easy.  When I replaced the box at the local office, they gave me a single room DVR box rather than a multi-room box.  Yesterday a tech come to look at it.  Appointment time was 7:30 to 10:00.  He got it assigned to him at 10:15, got there at 10:45.  He, of course, didn't have the right box.  So he told me to go back to local office and pick it up.  Went back to local office where I was told that they don't give out multi-room boxes, techs have to install them only.  Also told me that my appointment from yesterday was now listed in the system as CANCELLED.  Made another appointment for today.  Now the box is working but in the process, all of the items we had saved on the main hard drive from the other boxes were wiped out so we lost everything.  Overall it's been a frustrating process.  I understand that you had nothing to do with this process.  Thank you for "listening" to me vent.  If something comes up after this, I will certainly try online support first as I thought it was very user friendly.  Thank you.

Karen

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 02:06:55 PM »
I apologize. We will take a look at what happened here and get it to the area supervisor so he is aware of what is going on. This shouldn't have happened.

Thank you, and I am very sorry for the issues.

Chris

colemsco

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 04:13:24 PM »
i am getting an error on my whole house dvr saying that dvr service is unavailable or is currently disabled.  please contact your cable operator. 

MediacomDallas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 04:16:00 PM »
I sent some signals to your box from this end. Are you still seeing the error?

colemsco

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 04:18:43 PM »
yes.  at one point one box was working now neither is working.  this isnt the first time this happened.  it took 2 days to fix.

MediacomDallas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 04:19:51 PM »
Can you PM me your phone number or account number so I can take a closer look. This shouldn't be happening in the first place.

MediacomDallas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 04:22:56 PM »
I will have a rep get in touch with you in a moment. I'm also going to remove your phone number from your post.

colemsco

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 04:34:08 PM »
i got ahold of a phone tech and they told me to call back in 3 hrs

MediacomDallas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 04:37:56 PM »
If the resets that were sent didn't work, we will need a tech to stop by and look at this. The multiroom DVR uses the coax cable in the house to communicate between boxes, if there is a bad connector/cable somewhere it can cause these issues.

colemsco

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 04:43:52 PM »
someone will be out tomorrow.  what a system you have to reach youur call centers.  it sucks.  nobody knows whats going on or how to fix it.

MediacomDallas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 04:45:19 PM »
I do apologize for the problems. We'll keep any eye on this from here to make sure this gets fixed.