Author Topic: Corporate Phone Number  (Read 4670 times)

nicklong21

• View Profile
Corporate Phone Number
« on: April 02, 2011, 09:31:28 PM »
Is there a way to contact the corporate office for mediacom? My local office here does no have the information i need. We purchased the Mediacom Ultra High Speed Cable Internet service in September of 2010. This service should provide speeds of 20 MBPS download/ 3 MBPS Upload. Shortly after having the Mediacom service installed I ran a speed test using a free internet speed test website - http://speakeasy.net/speedtest/ and discovered we were only getting around 10 MBPS download during non peak times and speeds of around 0.5 to 1.5 MBPS during peak times.  After repeatedly running tests during peak and off peak times I placed a call with technical support inquiring to our diminished speed. Mediacom Technical Support scheduled an appointment for a technician to come to our residence and they ran a diagnostic test on our modems and connections and said that they couldn't find a problem. Since the technician was running his diagnostic during non peak times (10:00 am) our average speeds were within the acceptable range of 14-18 MBPS download. However, after 3:00 pm until around 12:00 am our speeds were continuing to drop to unacceptably low levels of 0.5 to 1.5 MBPS. After placing another call with Mediacom Technical Support, another technician came out and we were told that the coaxal cables connected to our house had water in them and would need replacing. A third appointment with the technician was scheduled and the wires were replaced. Internet speeds continued to be well below the 20 MBPS download and 3 MBPS upload speeds the Mediacom High Speed Internet service was supposed to provide. After another call to Mediacom Technical Support I was told that there was a problem with the utilization in our neighborhood and that it was a "Tier 2" issue that would be fixed by November of 2010. After November, there was no change to our utilization issues and I once again inquired as to when this issue would be resolved. I was told by staff at the Jacksonville, IL Mediacom office the issue wouldn't be resolved until February of 2011. In February of 2011 I requested an update on the status of the utilization problem and was told that it would not be fixed until the last day of February/March of 2011. On March 14 of 2011 I made yet another inquiry into when this issue would be resolved and was told they did not know when this task would be completed. I just want to know when this is going to be fixed.

MediacomTom

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Corporate Phone Number
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 09:43:30 PM »
We can escalate the issue as needed from here after attempting to get the information you are requesting. The Max internet service is 20mbps down and 2mbps up. If you would like to PM your phone# or account# I can check into this further. As it is near closing time tonight this can be picked up again tomorrow morning. I do apologize for the delay.

To PM click the talk bubble under my name.

MediacomTom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 07:55:50 PM »
You previously had a CATS ticket in our system for this to have a TOS or Technical Ops Supervisor look at this problem. I have resubmitted this request to get an update.

nicklong21

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 06:04:27 PM »
OK so any update yet?

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 06:20:26 PM »
We do not have an update yet but we are scheduled to have a call with your area sup tomorrow and we should know more.

Chris

nicklong21

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 06:41:17 PM »
Thank you, gave you some good karma

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 06:46:30 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean, but thanks!

Chris

nicklong21

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 06:58:20 PM »
Really man, you don't know what the applaud and smite buttons do underneath your name?

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 07:00:28 PM »
I do, but I had no idea that you were doing either. I wasn't paying attention to that, just trying to help customers at the moment. But thanks!

Chris

nicklong21

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 07:02:39 PM »
So if you had to call the Mediacom corporate office what number would you use? Look around your office it has to be posted on the wall somewhere

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 07:03:48 PM »
Unfortunately I do not have this number. I will forward you request to management and ask them to get back with you about this.

Thanks!
Chris

nicklong21

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 07:08:11 PM »
OK, here's an idea; by law there has to be a flyer somewhere in your office with a number to report sexual harrassment to the corporate office. Send me that number and i will figure it out from there

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 07:09:14 PM »
Unfortunately I can't do that. I apologize.

Chris

nicklong21

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 07:13:58 PM »
ok LOL didn't think so, but i bet you're glad you know where that flyer is now in case of sexual harassment emergency

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 07:15:08 PM »
Sure, thanks.

Chris

nicklong21

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 07:20:55 PM »
It's just odd that i started this post on April 2, and in three days I can't get a number to the corporate office. It seems like that should be readily available information

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 07:21:24 PM »
I apologize.

Chris

nicklong21

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 07:26:08 PM »
I would also like to apologize b/c i didn't realize i was talking to the same support person over three different threads about the same issue. Can we delete the corporate number thread and include the request for the phone number into my "Mediacom unable to suport it's customers" thread?

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 07:29:09 PM »
I can't merge topics unfortunately but if you want to post there I will link both of these in your ticket. And no need for apologies, I understand your frustration.

Chris

nicklong21

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 07:34:35 PM »
Alright will do, I'm not posting on this thread anymore thank you