Is there a way to contact the corporate office for mediacom? My local office here does no have the information i need. We purchased the Mediacom Ultra High Speed Cable Internet service in September of 2010. This service should provide speeds of 20 MBPS download/ 3 MBPS Upload. Shortly after having the Mediacom service installed I ran a speed test using a free internet speed test website - http://speakeasy.net/speedtest/
and discovered we were only getting around 10 MBPS download during non peak times and speeds of around 0.5 to 1.5 MBPS during peak times. After repeatedly running tests during peak and off peak times I placed a call with technical support inquiring to our diminished speed. Mediacom Technical Support scheduled an appointment for a technician to come to our residence and they ran a diagnostic test on our modems and connections and said that they couldn't find a problem. Since the technician was running his diagnostic during non peak times (10:00 am) our average speeds were within the acceptable range of 14-18 MBPS download. However, after 3:00 pm until around 12:00 am our speeds were continuing to drop to unacceptably low levels of 0.5 to 1.5 MBPS. After placing another call with Mediacom Technical Support, another technician came out and we were told that the coaxal cables connected to our house had water in them and would need replacing. A third appointment with the technician was scheduled and the wires were replaced. Internet speeds continued to be well below the 20 MBPS download and 3 MBPS upload speeds the Mediacom High Speed Internet service was supposed to provide. After another call to Mediacom Technical Support I was told that there was a problem with the utilization in our neighborhood and that it was a "Tier 2" issue that would be fixed by November of 2010. After November, there was no change to our utilization issues and I once again inquired as to when this issue would be resolved. I was told by staff at the Jacksonville, IL Mediacom office the issue wouldn't be resolved until February of 2011. In February of 2011 I requested an update on the status of the utilization problem and was told that it would not be fixed until the last day of February/March of 2011. On March 14 of 2011 I made yet another inquiry into when this issue would be resolved and was told they did not know when this task would be completed. I just want to know when this is going to be fixed.