Author Topic: Login and password for Cisco DPC3825 DOCSIS  (Read 120104 times)

shadwiz

• View Profile
Login and password for Cisco DPC3825 DOCSIS
« on: March 30, 2011, 08:36:46 PM »
Finally got my firmware updated and the modem correctly provisioned for the Ultra 50.  I'd like to get into my modem so I can manage it on my network but the suggested default login (blank username and blank password) doesn't work.

Please help.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 08:39:04 PM by shadwiz »

MediacomMike

Re: Login and password for Cisco DPC3825 DOCSIS
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 08:44:03 PM »
The only combination should be what you've tried (leaving the user name and password blank).  If this is not the case and the technician may have set this differently, there is a way to perform a factory reset on it.  It's sort of a complex factory reset; you'll need to press and hold the reset button on the rear of the Cisco device.  Hold it for 30 seconds, without releasing the reset button pull the power cable from the rear of the device.  Continue holding the reset button after it's been powered down for another 30 seconds and then plug the power back in.  Still holding the reset button, allow another 30 seconds after you've plugged the power back in.  This should set the user name and password back to blank as it should be.

So you'll want to hold the reset button in for a total of 90 seconds during this whole process.  Please let me know if this corrects the issue.

shadwiz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »
Good to go.  Thank you for your help!

I'm using a Cisco (Linksys) E3000 router and a WD NAS on my network.  Is there anything special I need to be concerned with configuring on the modem?  I'm not using it for the wireless or anything - that's all my E3000 router.

MediacomBill

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 06:58:17 AM »
What type of configuring are you planning on doing?

Fatback444

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 06:32:56 PM »
I tried the factory password (to blank) reset twice, but have been unsuccessful in getting into setup.  I think my technician must have entered the wrong WPA password that I asked him to use when setting up my wireless network.  All I want to do is reset the WPA password, but I can't get past the login screen for the modem at 192.168.0.1 so I'm assuming he must have created a username & password for the gateway.

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 06:42:05 PM »
The DPC3825's I have found have been a bit tricky when resetting to factory. From what the Cisco manual says you have to hold the reset button down for at least 10 seconds. Has that been done?

Chris

Fatback444

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 06:51:15 PM »
I followed MediaComMike's suggestion from March 30th.  I held the reset button down for 30 seconds.  Then (without releasing the reset button) I unplugged the modem.  Then, after 30 more seconds without releasing the reset button, i plugged the power back up and finally I held the reset button for another 30 seconds (for a total of 90 seconds).  Then, I went to 192.168.0.1 and left the username & password blank and could not get past the login screen.

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 06:52:09 PM »
Hrm, just try the 10 seconds while leaving it plugged in. I have no way of changing that login from here because I will be stuck on the same site you will with the login.

Chris

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 06:54:30 PM »
If that doesn't work let me know and I can set up a tech to come out to reset this for you, or replace. Whichever is necessary.

Chris

Fatback444

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 06:56:55 PM »
No luck!  I already have an appointment for a tech to come out on saturday.  it just bothers ne because the tech that brought me the beautiful, new modem just left a couple of hours ago!  Oh, well...

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 06:59:30 PM »
I apologize. I am not sure why the factory reset isn't working for you currently. I tested our in office 3825 and it responded properly. Not sure what is going on there.

Chris

Sybaek

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 05:00:29 PM »
This is an old topic.  But it seems to get hit on the google search pretty often.  What people are probably failing to do is properly reset the device.

On the back of the Cisco DPC3825 there are actually TWO buttons.  There is the wireless setup (WPS) button that comes on most all Cisco/Linksys devices nowadays and a reset button.   If you look right next to the WPS button, there is a RECESSED reset button.  You will need a pen or other similar object to press the button.

With the router powered on, press the reset button with your pen and wait for the lights to change to orange.  Once they're orange, remove your pen and wait for the gateway to boot up all the way.  At this point you can reach the Gateway management page at http://192.168.0.1/  The username and password will be blank, just press login.  Once you're inside it's highly recommended you change it, AND WRITE IT DOWN SAFE.

These tips are based on the Cisco DPC3825 Gateway from Mediacom, some sources on the internet report that some of the devices from cable providers outside of the US, have different default passwords.

MediacomTim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 05:19:58 PM »
Thanks for the input! Let us know if you have any questions!