Author Topic: Customer Satisfaction  (Read 853 times)

mledford

• View Profile
Customer Satisfaction
« on: September 22, 2010, 07:39:56 PM »
I called Mediacom to potentially add two more lines to my detach garage apartment and rec room and to install a HD box inside my main dwelling.  I had an old analog box and wasn't even aware that I could have the HD for the same price as I was paying for the analogy.  I told the representative I wanted a new HD digital box for my house and possibly a HD box to go along with the two new lines going to the garage apartment/rec room.  The tech was scheduled to come on Sept 21 between the hours of 8-12.  I waited until 12:00 and then called Mediacom and they said the tech was running a few minutes late and it would be about 15 or 20 minutes and he would be there.  I told Mediacom that a phone call would have been all it would have taken to let me know he would be late.  The tech did call me about 1:00 and say he would be there in about 20 minutes.  He arrived at 1:33 and I expressed to him that I wasn't real happy about the late arrival which was 1 and 1/2 hours after 12:00.
He installed a box, but as it turns out he said his orders said to install something else.  We had specifically talked about HD in my new detached garage and in my house and yet he installed something other than the HD digital box.  He left and said it would be a few minutes before I got a hit on my new box.  I waited over an hour and never got a picture.  I called and gave them the number off the back of the new box.  The tech had already done this and yet they said they didn't have it.  They said to give it some more time and it looked like the tech had not completed the work order.  I waited another 1 1/2 hours and still it had not picture.  I called back.  They said the Tech had installed the wrong box.  The tech called me later that night and left me a message and  said he would be back tomorrow early to install the new box.  I called him back and told him I had to take a friend to have surgery on his knee and would be back by 3 that next day. 
I called the tech today before I left Pensacola to let him know I would be there at 3 but he didn't answer the phone I asked him to call me back.  He never called me back.  I called again a few hours later and still no answer and I left a message again, but no return call was ever made.  It was then when I called Mediacom main office and began going over the problem.  They said they were able to get a hold of the tech and he said he would be there in an hour, but again he was late.  When he did finally arrive, I told him I had called him several times and didn't get him.  Funny how the corporate office managed to get him.  I told him we specifically we had discussed what needed to be installed and yet he put the wrong thing in.  He said if I didn't want it he could leave.  I told him he wouldn't be here now if I didn't want it.  He coped an attitude over the fact he was late on two different occassions and I was calling his hand on it.  He said I could let my brother in law install the HD and left.  This is the kind of service mediacom provides.  I will be going to Dish Network as soon as my Dec. 1st date arrivess.
Sorry, sorry service is all I have to say.

MediacomBryan

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Customer Satisfaction
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 10:33:09 AM »
mledford,

I'm sorry you've had several issues getting your latest service upgrade completed properly. I'd like the opportunity to make this right for you. At your earliest convenience, would you mind PM'ing me your Acct number or Phone number?

Thanks,
Bryan