Author Topic: Contract?  (Read 1938 times)

rachels

• View Profile
Contract?
« on: March 13, 2011, 07:58:31 PM »
I went to the local Mediacom branch last week to change my cable package. When I signed up for Mediacom I knew that I was only going to be at my current address for 8 months so I chose to do a month by month plan with no contract. But when I went to change my cable plan I was told that I could not do that because I was in a contract. I never signed up for one and I don't know how I got put in one. The lady at Mediacom told me that someone would listen to the phone call and get back to me but no one has. Is there someone else that I can talk to about what happened? Why do I have a contract? If someone could help me out I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

MediacomTom

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Contract?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 08:04:16 PM »
 I would need to look into this before I could give you any specifics. If you would like to PM your phone# or account# I can check on this for you.

rachels

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 08:19:11 PM »
Just sent it.

MediacomTom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 08:26:21 PM »
I will PM you further on the account details.

luna

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 06:19:16 PM »
the same thing is happening to me right now. I signed a month to month contract because I knew I was moving away at the end of May. When I went to the mediacom store they told me that I have a 2 year contract. I'm so upset and I will sue them if that's what I need to do. This is not fair at all and I won't let the steal my money. What did you end up doing??

luna

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 06:21:02 PM »
I said that wrong I was not in a contract at all it was month to month and I have no idea why I'm in one now.

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 06:22:18 PM »
I apologize this occurred and I am not sure why this is happening. It is not policy and I would love to track this down for you. If you would like to send me your telephone# or account# I can get the call pulled and find out what occurred.

Thanks,
Chris

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 06:32:02 PM »
Thank you for the info. It will take a bit of time to get the call pulled and see what is going on, but I will get back with you asap.

Chris