Author Topic: FXX  (Read 3785 times)

bhembrojax23

• View Profile
FXX
« on: May 29, 2013, 01:54:28 PM »
I want to put in a request for FXX which will launch in September and I believe reports have said it will replace Fox Soccer.  I'm hoping FXX will be in the Family Cable package though.  Supposed to be a lot of good comedies on there including some that had been on FX and are moving to FXX.

MediacomChrisL

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: FXX
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 02:04:46 PM »
I will go ahead and submit that channel request for you now!

Chris

bhembrojax23

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 03:03:18 PM »
What are your current plans for FXX since there will no longer be Fox Soccer?  It's supposed to launch September 2nd and hoping to get to continue to see some of the shows that were previously on FX but are moving to this new channel.

MediacomMichael

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 03:29:04 PM »
Currently we don't know what lineup this will appear in. If this information is released I will update you here.

bhembrojax23

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 09:33:16 AM »
I just saw the name changes to Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, and FXX in my lineup.  Looks like I'll have to pay a bit extra for Sports/Info package to get FXX even though it's not a sports channel.

By the way, I no longer have KTVI St. Louis.  It was removed last summer but it still shows in my lineup.

MediacomDrew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 09:54:01 AM »
Since FXX is a channel rebranding, there may be a locating change in the future within our line-ups, though I do not have any information as to a date or time.  If you'd like to add on the Sports & Info package, let us know and we can have an agent contact you directly.  Alternatively, an agent can also be reached anytime at 866-452-4747.

bhembrojax23

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 10:21:34 AM »
I've had Sports/Info on and off and I'm considering it again since It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and other shows that used to be on FX will be on FXX now starting in September.  I figure this will probably get more interest since some of the FX shows will be on the new channel now.  Would be nice to have it in HD too.  Hoping this channel gets moved to Family Cable soon because I'd hate to get Sports/Info and then if FXX were to be moved to one of the other digital extra packages, I'd have to pay extra for it too and I don't want to get too crazy because of costs.  I already pay a good amount per month for my bill as it is.  Then again, I'm a crazy sports fan, but again cost is the thing.  I'll give it some thought.

Thank You!

MediacomDrew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 10:31:42 AM »
You're welcome!  We'll certainly spread the word if we hear of any upcoming changes to the line-up.

bhembrojax23

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 09:56:15 AM »
I just read some reports online that FXX will launch in 72 million homes in a couple weeks on September 2nd.  I know it's been said there's a possibility of this channel getting moved in the future.  Will we still have to pay for an extra package to get FXX and will FXX be available in HD in my area?  I'm in 62650.

deewan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 09:56:59 AM »
Any update?  We are two weeks away from the channel lineup change?  I don't want to wait til the final day then find out I need to either pay more money to enjoy FXX programming or go to my friends house and watch FXX on their dish (which is normally what I've had to do in the past).

MediacomDrew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 10:09:56 AM »
FXX is a network rebranding of the current Fox Soccer channel.  If you get this channel now, FXX programming will replace it starting on Sept. 2, 2013.  At this time, there are no plans to move any channels, though if we do receive news of this we'll be sure to spread the word.

deewan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 10:19:51 AM »
I don't have Fox Soccer now, but I do have FX and watch several of the shows that will be moving to FXX.  So I guess the basic story here is, I need to pay more for a Sports Package so that I can watch my comedy shows or simply go to my friends house on Thursday night and watch his dish.  Maybe if MediaCom ever adds FXX to the family lineup instead of the sports lineup I will be able to enjoy my cable programming again.  Thanks!

MediacomDrew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 10:37:06 AM »
You're welcome!  This is an out-of-the ordinary rebranding, as the change crosses genres.  We'll certainly keep an ear to the ground to see if this spurs any package changes on our end.  Is so, we'll certainly let everyone know!

bhembrojax23

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 10:23:28 AM »
Well, decided to pick up the Sports/Info channels.  I wanted to check out the new NBC Sports Network show SportsDash.  Hoping to get these channels in HD at some point too.  Along with FXX.  If FXX does move, I'm hoping it goes into Family Cable so I won't have to pay for two sets of extra channels.

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 11:15:22 AM »
If it does move we will let you know!

Chris