Author Topic: Interruption in Service  (Read 267 times)

JKern31

• View Profile
Interruption in Service
« on: May 12, 2013, 09:25:11 PM »
I recently sent a request regarding a recent issue that we had with our service.  We are experiencing constant drops in our internet service where it would boot up then drop seconds later and do that multiple times in one sitting; we dealt with this for several weeks before we finally got a chance to call technical support.  Mediacom scheduled a tech service appointment on Wednesday, May 1st where the tech tested our equipment and indicated that all of our equipment was fine but wire "elsewhere" was giving us fits.  He would have to schedule service to be done later that week.  The week went on with continued service interruptions and we had to call Mediacom Support again that weekend when we were told that nothing was scheduled in our area, no notes were made on our account for service to be done and that another tech appointment would have to be made (I would like to add that the operator was less than kind about the situation and not accommodating in the least bit to the fact that I would have to take more time off from work to meet another technician for their oversight).  Another tech arrived on Wednesday May 8th in which he indicated he was told that our modem was fine by testing but he decided to run new lines and install a new modem which fixed the problem.  Aside from taking off work a second time to meet the technician this process took an entire afternoon that I was not anticipating. 
This all being said, we would like to request 2 weeks of internet service credit on our billing as this was the time period from the time that we called support to when it was finally resolved that we were unable to use our internet service.  I think this is a fair request considering the time I missed from work to accommodate two service calls when a second one should not have been necessary if the proper follow up would have been done from the first service.

Thank you,
Juanita Kern

MediacomMichael

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Interruption in Service
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 09:27:03 PM »
This is a completely fair request. I apologize for the frustration this caused. Just to clarify, the problem has been resolved now correct?

JKern31

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 09:30:45 PM »
Our internet does seem to be repaired with the new modem and we are not experiencing issues at this time. 

I appreciate your consideration!
Juanita Kern

MediacomMichael

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 09:31:28 PM »
Thank you. I will place the credit requested on the bill. You should see this on your next billing statement.

JKern31

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 09:32:15 PM »
I love when I have pleasant Customer Support experiences!  Thank you MediacomMichael!

MediacomMichael

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 09:34:16 PM »
You're very welcome!