Author Topic: DCI105MCC - Lock Up  (Read 322 times)

cap60552

• View Profile
DCI105MCC - Lock Up
« on: April 30, 2013, 07:14:19 PM »
We have multiple DCI105MCC Digital adapters.  Every so often the units are locking up and refuse to respond to the remote.  The only way to restore service is to unplug them and then plug them back in.    This problem does not seem to be based upon how long the units have been operating, as they will go for weeks at times without problems.  I recently set up a timer to automatically power cycle one of the units at 4am in hopes that this would prevent the unit from locking up. It made no difference, as today one of the two units locked up again after only being powered up for 14 hours.   The units do not all lock up at the same time either so it also doesn't appear to be that they are receiving bad data.
John \/\/ohlers

cap60552

• View Profile
CBS 2 Chicago
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 07:16:45 PM »
I am currently experiencing poor reception on CBS 2.   The sound is cutting out, and the picture occasionally cuts out as well.   This is occurring on the  DCI105MCC  units.   Other channels appear to be unaffected. 
John \/\/ohlers

MediacomMichael

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: DCI105MCC - Lock Up
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 07:19:18 PM »
With this happening on all devices, it sounds like a signal issue. May I setup an appointment for a technician to further investigate?