Author Topic: Whole Home DVR system replacement???  (Read 662 times)

wrinkles

• View Profile
Whole Home DVR system replacement???
« on: March 01, 2013, 05:43:36 PM »
Had a technician out almost 2 weeks ago now to troubleshoot DVR system.  Was told the entire system would need to be swapped out to eliminate the problems I've had for MONTHS.  But, was also told there was a shortage of these, and all he could do was to put me on a waiting list.  I continue having intermittent issues with the DVR service, I still have no replacement boxes, and I continue to be billed for a service that works poorly at best.

Was also told by a very knowledgeable Mediacom Tech that this is common with the whole house system, they've had nothing but problems with them, and he wouldn't even consider having it in his own house...... so in other words (forum techs)...please don't act like you've never heard of an issue with the systems.

Looking more and more like a move to I'mOn service in Cedar Rapids is coming very soon.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 05:48:35 PM by wrinkles »

MediacomMichael

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Whole Home DVR system replacement???
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 06:02:46 PM »
I will contact the local warehouse tomorrow when they open. I will see if we can escalate an order for these boxes. Once I have more information, I will reply here.

wrinkles

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 10:03:14 AM »
Another day from work re-arranged for a Mediacom appointment, and another appointment that Mediacom can't fulfill their obligations....  Today, I was called by the "Tech", and told they were behind on "porting",,, so he could install the new system (physically), but would have to leave the activation process until later this afternoon.  So, I'd have different boxes, the Tech would leave...and I'd have no idea if the system worked properly until later today ( " sometime" ).  No thanks.  I already have a system that "might" work.  I get calls almost daily to confirm I'LL be available for the appointment...so can I deduct my missed pay from work from my bill since this is the 2nd time now that Mediacom can't provide the service I was scheduled for??

Cedar Rapids customers.... I'mOn Cable (319-298-6484)
After 12 years this time with Mediacom, I've had enough.
Rearranging email account notifications, etc.... then bye bye.

MediacomDallas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 11:18:54 AM »
I apologize for the ongoing issues you have had getting these boxes replaced. I see a rep from our local dispatch was in touch with you to discuss the specifics of this. I would be happy to work on getting this rescheduled to the most convenient time for you. When would that be?

wrinkles

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 12:23:06 PM »
Don't bother.

MediacomTim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 01:58:48 PM »
Let us know here if you have any other questions or issues and we will be happy to assist you however we can.

wrinkles

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 02:35:37 PM »
4 weeks now with intermittent DVR (and in reality, more like 4-6 months)..
2 appointments where I miss work to be home (you guys owe me $460 for that...)
Still nothing fixed...and STILL no credit applied to my bill..

And thats your response???
I assume that must've been an automated posting....
I can't imagine a real person would've had that pathetic of a comment to a customer.

MediacomDrew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 02:59:05 PM »
I can understand your frustration with these service issues.  Unfortunately, without a technician in the field to replace these units a system update and port cannot be made.  The entire resolution would be two-part and, while the technician would have been unable to complete the port process on site due to the replacement of other units in the area, this would have been performed remotely without the need for a tech on site at all.  If you would like, we can continue working on this with the field to see if there will be a more appropriate time to schedule the swap and port.