Author Topic: Box keeps re-setting!  (Read 257 times)

RJT79

Box keeps re-setting!
« on: January 31, 2013, 08:08:19 PM »
I signed up for Mediacom internet back in December of 2012 and they gave me a small RCA Modem that didn't cut out once. Well I decided to sign up for phone service for the additional $4.95 a month and they came out today to install but gave they gave me a very old Motorola modem (It's the one with the battey which they no longer use.) (My neighbor had the same kind of modem and they had to replace it with a smaller one I think "Scientific Atlantic" or something like that because it was faulty and kept reseting) Well now I got a dud! Since the install today at 11:00 A.M. the box has re-set itself 18 times and I've been counting. Also speed is horrible! Not like it was before 11:00 A.M.
anyway a tech can come out tommorrow and replace me with a "Scientific Atlantic' Modem or something simular and a little more compact! This is why I left in the first place 2 years ago because of slow speeds. I know its the modem becuase 8 hours ago and for about 2 months everything was just fine! and every time I call in for support they keep telling me its my fault because I keep unplug the box to reset itself and they say its hard on the box when I do it to many times and they would have to charge a fee to come out since its on my end. I want the box replaced free a service! I was getting speeds of 27 Mbps download and 2.5 Upload before and now I'm getting 2.7 Mbps download and 1.3 upload. Tell me I'm not crazy!
RJT

RJT79

Re: Box keeps re-setting!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 08:12:44 PM »
Just re-set itself again! Make that the 19th time and counting! :(

MediacomTim

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 08:13:09 PM »
I can have a tech out tomorrow 1-3. I have notated the work order for the tech to bring a Scientific Atlantic modem, but I cannot guarantee that is what he will bring as it depends on what is available in the warehouse.

RJT79

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 08:15:32 PM »
thats fine between 1 and 3 is okay.
Have him bring a scientific atlantic or something small not this huge thing I have had these before and they are nothing but a problem maker. I even questioned him during install and he said it would work! Well I beg to differ!
Thanks though
1-3 pm tommorrow A+++
RJT

MediacomTim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 08:16:00 PM »
You are welcome!

MediacomMichael

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 09:52:16 PM »
I show the appointment was canceled. How are the services working now?