Author Topic: CISCO DPC3825 Cannot get to settings in my Router/Modem  (Read 2733 times)

Starukha

• View Profile
CISCO DPC3825 Cannot get to settings in my Router/Modem
« on: January 24, 2013, 08:00:05 PM »
Hi. I can log in to my router modem but I only get the First page DOCSIS WAN... I am not seeing any of the TABS that I have had for years. I cannot get to my port forwarding, firewall, wireless setups... nothing... What the bloody heck is going on? I have always taken care of my own settings... what has Mediacom done this time?

Let me in my router/modem.

MediacomMichael

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CISCO DPC3825 Cannot get to settings in my Router/Modem
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 08:03:08 PM »
I show you currently do not subscribe to our home networking. In order to manage the wireless features you would have to activate the wireless part of the modem. This would be an additional 3.95/month. Would you like me to activate the wireless?

Starukha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 08:06:49 PM »
WHAT THE?? I have always had access to my router/modem and wireless because it was part of my Ultra 50 package. If Mediacom shuts this off and takes away my wireless I will disconnect every service I have with them. This is insanity! I would never subscribe to Mediacom networking I do my owm and have for years.

Starukha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 08:08:15 PM »
I pay $100.00 a month for my Ultra50 I have always had the wireless with it and I rent their router/modem. I will not pay more.

MediacomMichael

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 08:11:36 PM »
A recent audit shows a wireless modem was installed and you do not pay for our wireless service. This should have been corrected at the time of install. The total amount you saved because of this error was $94.80 over the past two years. Instead of charging this amount to the bill, we shut off the wireless. Going forward, if you would like to use this service you would need to pay the 3.95/month. Another option would be to use your own wireless router. Would you like me to add this service to the account?

Starukha

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 08:13:22 PM »
I cannot believe you are doing this. I absolutely cannot believe this. This is the most underhanded, low down dirty thing I have seen Mediacom do yet. I have always had the wireless with my Ultra50.. it was part of the reason I had it installed in the first place.

MediacomMichael

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 08:14:59 PM »
This change was done system wide. All customers with wireless modems that would like to use the wireless feature must pay for wireless service.

Starukha

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 08:54:01 PM »
I just spoke with one of the Mediacom techs on the phone. He explained to me that the changes began rolling out in November 2012. He said notices were sent out to most people but he was sure that some may have "fallen through the cracks" and those people did not receive the notice. I am one of those people apparently. I do not owe back charges.

I pay quite a healthy chunk of cash each month for my Ultra50 and the rental of the router/modem (which has always had the wireless available and activated). To suddenly log in to it to find myself blocked... I cannot even discribe the anger I felt and still do, though I am a bit calmer now, yet not happy.

I have been a Mediacom customer for about 11 years now. The sudden inability to use a feature I have had and no explanation beforehand of a change to the service was a very sad way for a company to treat it's customer, period. I expect more (better treatment, more professionalism) from a company that I have done business with for so long.

I need time to cancel accounts that I hold online and have them rerouted to me via snail mail. For now I will need wireless service activated in my rented Mediacom Cisco DPC3825 router/modem, please.

As for an installation fee when I first got my Ultra50, you need to dig deeper into my account and find out why I was placed on the Ultra50 to begin with, there is quite a history there. I was a tester here before it even went live for everyone else in the area because of the "history" of my extreme internet problems with Mediacom in this area. The first 8 months I was on the Ultra50 was because they could not deliver on the contract I already had with them.. the deal was their suggestion not mine. I am sure I could dig up names if need be to show proof of the history... there was no error in billing over this entire time.

Thanks for your time. Please enable the wireless in my router/modem but only if I have full control of it as I did before this change. I hope all of my previos settings are still intact... it took me hours to set all of that up in there.

MediacomJustin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 09:03:04 PM »
I do apologize that you were not originally contacted about the transition.  What I have done for you is added the Home Networking service to your account.  I also put it under a promotion to be free for 3 months.  I will be working with my team here to get that set up as soon as I can.  I will follow up with you when it is completed.

Starukha

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 09:41:24 PM »
Thank you very much. I will wait to hear back from you that this is completed.

MediacomJustin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 09:45:14 PM »
I will need a few bits of information to get the ball rolling.  I will private message you with what I need.

Starukha

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 09:53:09 PM »
Sent. =)

MediacomTim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 09:55:12 PM »
Thank You for the information!

I will get this to our Tier 2 Department. They are out for the night, so it should be done first thing in the morning.

To answer the question you asked Justin, yes you will be able to make the changes by going to homewifi.mediacomcable.com

Starukha

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 09:59:23 PM »
A learning curve! I hope my old mind can handle the overload. ;) Thanks again!

MediacomTim

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 10:00:27 PM »
You are very welcome!

MediacomDallas

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 06:37:29 AM »
The wireless network has been set up now. Please let us know if you're having any issues getting connected back to it.

Thanks,
Dallas

Starukha

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 09:38:24 AM »
Good morning! I need coffee before I start in with this but I do see a problem. The "network name" is actually my "user name" that is not what I want as the wireless network name.. can I change this myself or do I need to have Mediacom change it?

Starukha

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 09:46:50 AM »
Actually, I have a bigger problem.. I am in the router/modem and I cannot make any settings.. I see all the tabs and options but I cannot change anything in there. Hello?

MediacomChrisL

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 09:54:39 AM »
Are you using the built in web interface or are you trying to use clearaccess?

Chris

Starukha

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 09:59:20 AM »
The built in .. I have no idea how to log into the ClearAcess none of that information was provided to me.