Author Topic: modem not synchronizing  (Read 951 times)

timhovde

• View Profile
modem not synchronizing
« on: February 10, 2012, 10:01:42 PM »
Okay, it's now been awhile that i have been having this issues except when there was a storm and everybody was out all day, it worked for a good week and now as i was online gaming, i was kicked off the internet. I decided to reboot everything and watch the modem lights. i noticed some activity going on with the DS, US, and Online lights.

They would completely shut off and one by one turn back on, blinking to solid. Then it would shut completely off and start the process over again, sometimes faster or slower. It's anybody's guess how long it stays online in between, plus the speed is really slow.

I also decided the check the modem status page by going to http://192.168.100.1/,  i have notice under cable modem status i switches between access denied, not synchronizing, and back to operational all over again and again as well.

I have already called tech but i fear this will never be resolve considering the issues has to be current when tech arrives, this mainly happens at night, I understand it can fluctuate when people log on but this is a bit excessive, it becomes unusable and to me this is not very good service. I really don't think this is normal considering i have used this service for years in the past with no problems like this.

So is there a good explanation for this?

MediacomJames

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: modem not synchronizing
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 10:19:08 PM »
I am showing a signal issue that would definitely cause the type of issue that you are describing.  The signals seem to be low on more than just your modem, so in addition to the trouble call you have scheduled I will get this escalated to the technician supervisor to assist in getting this resolved.

MediacomJames

• Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: modem not synchronizing
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 11:45:29 PM »
I show that the trouble call was completed.  How is the service running?