1. On the digital remote, press the menu button.
2. Highlight lock icon or "Parental Control" in main menu.
3. Highlight "Locks Set Up" and press ok.
4. You will be prompted to enter your new PIN. Enter any four digits that you will remember but others will not know.
5. Re-enter the same number again.
6. A screen with different types of locks will appear. You can choose to lock channels, movie ratings, TV ratings, or particular programs. Scroll through the different types by using the up and down arrows.
7. You can use the left and right arrows to select what channel, rating, etc that you want to lock.
8. When you find one, press the ok button. A lock icon will appear to show that channel, program, or rating has been locked.
9. Continue until all desired locks are done.
10. Hit the exit button on the remote to go back to television viewing.